Tony Buckley's big handoff on Simon Shaw

Schalk Brits runs into Wayne Barness

Random great tries from 2008

Matt Toomua Falcon vs the All Blacks

The Top 5 Crazy Cards of All Time

Malakai Fekitoa smashes Conrad Smith

Japanese swallow dive try blooper

Buck Shelford tribute

Sebastien Chabal knocks out Marc Giraud

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Greg Holmes Try vs Ireland 2006

Greg Holmes Try vs Ireland 2006

After many requests, here it is. ANOTHER brilliant try from a front rower.

Who says fat boys can't move?

Phil Kearns' comment says it all - "Front rowers are not allowed to run more than 3 meters for a try - it's in the bylaws".

Posted at 11:01 am | 12 comments

Anonymous April 13, 2007 4:55 am

what a great/ rare sight! every props dream

Anonymous May 10, 2007 8:01 pm

just another example of how the game is evolving with players becoming bigger faster stronger - even in those unexpected positions!

Anonymous January 05, 2008 12:30 am

ireland are overerated but full credit to holmes screw ireland

Anonymous February 22, 2008 5:21 pm

The commentary is classic! I can't get enough of this video. What a motoring - clear the track!!

Elliot March 05, 2008 11:23 pm

That's great seeing a forward charge in for a try - especially one where he sneaks in out of nowhere through a gap.My only questions for ireland is what is the fullback doing hopping around the outside of the ruck like that...even if he is there for support, I don't get why the winger is standing there hugging the touchline.Either way, that was a fantastic try!

Cheyanqu March 13, 2008 3:07 pm

Brilliant.I bet during Kangaroo Court that evening, he was sentenced to to buy all the front rowers their drinks for the evening.Kearns is hillarious. I generally don't like the Aussie commentary, but I guess front rowers always make the funniest commentators..

CB March 13, 2008 7:43 pm

How slow is stringer!

Anonymous March 17, 2008 11:55 am

thats the first thing i thought...how slow is stringer...

DW December 24, 2009 8:34 am

Stringer wasn't too bad. What about how slow was ROG in that clip???!!!

regi_weges December 25, 2009 3:14 am

mate!!! holmes is amazing!! best try... i met him a few weeks back on the piss with a few of the other reds players....and seriously he is just ur regular country bloke who loves to play rugby and get on the terps...was brought threw the same ranks that i was but obviously he has shone/made his mark better then i have.. well done to him and the rest of the front row community!!! god bless the front 3 x

Anonymous December 29, 2009 6:03 pm

As a prop myself (under 15) I know what it feels like to score a try like that, I have run the pitch like that and it feels good.

Karl March 05, 2011 3:03 am

typical sh comment by some anonomous ah Irish over-e-rated cant even spell.

Fantastic try, extremely well taken I was on may feet applauding and I'm Irish, who wouldn't.