Nigel Owens makes not straight comment

Emotive Guinness ads with rugby legends

Willem Alberts dancing alone in the gym

Lee Jones makes huge trysaving tackle

WIN the rugby tour of a lifetime with IG

Five nominees for World Player of 2014

In camp with Nick Cummins & the BaaBaas

Test Rugby Results - Nov 15th weekend

Benito Masilevu's huge side-steps

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Greg Holmes Try vs Ireland 2006

Greg Holmes Try vs Ireland 2006

After many requests, here it is. ANOTHER brilliant try from a front rower.

Who says fat boys can't move?

Phil Kearns' comment says it all - "Front rowers are not allowed to run more than 3 meters for a try - it's in the bylaws".

Posted at 11:01 am | 12 comments

Anonymous April 13, 2007 4:55 am

what a great/ rare sight! every props dream

Anonymous May 10, 2007 8:01 pm

just another example of how the game is evolving with players becoming bigger faster stronger - even in those unexpected positions!

Anonymous January 05, 2008 12:30 am

ireland are overerated but full credit to holmes screw ireland

Anonymous February 22, 2008 5:21 pm

The commentary is classic! I can't get enough of this video. What a motoring - clear the track!!

Elliot March 05, 2008 11:23 pm

That's great seeing a forward charge in for a try - especially one where he sneaks in out of nowhere through a gap.My only questions for ireland is what is the fullback doing hopping around the outside of the ruck like that...even if he is there for support, I don't get why the winger is standing there hugging the touchline.Either way, that was a fantastic try!

Cheyanqu March 13, 2008 3:07 pm

Brilliant.I bet during Kangaroo Court that evening, he was sentenced to to buy all the front rowers their drinks for the evening.Kearns is hillarious. I generally don't like the Aussie commentary, but I guess front rowers always make the funniest commentators..

CB March 13, 2008 7:43 pm

How slow is stringer!

Anonymous March 17, 2008 11:55 am

thats the first thing i thought...how slow is stringer...

DW December 24, 2009 8:34 am

Stringer wasn't too bad. What about how slow was ROG in that clip???!!!

regi_weges December 25, 2009 3:14 am

mate!!! holmes is amazing!! best try... i met him a few weeks back on the piss with a few of the other reds players....and seriously he is just ur regular country bloke who loves to play rugby and get on the terps...was brought threw the same ranks that i was but obviously he has shone/made his mark better then i have.. well done to him and the rest of the front row community!!! god bless the front 3 x

Anonymous December 29, 2009 6:03 pm

As a prop myself (under 15) I know what it feels like to score a try like that, I have run the pitch like that and it feels good.

Karl March 05, 2011 3:03 am

typical sh comment by some anonomous ah Irish over-e-rated cant even spell.

Fantastic try, extremely well taken I was on may feet applauding and I'm Irish, who wouldn't.