Nigel Owens makes not straight comment

Benito Masilevu's huge side-steps

De Villiers injury might mean no RWC2015

Teddy Thomas incredible solo effort

Vote for the Sky NZ Fans Try of the Year

Lee Jones makes huge trysaving tackle

Barbarians run riot vs Leicester Tigers

5 Nominations for IRPA Try of the Year

Francois Hougaard's IRPA Try of the Year

Monday, June 04, 2007

Kapa O Pango vs France 2007

Kapa O Pango vs France 2007

An awesome rendition of the All Blacks 'new' Haka, the Kapa O Pango, brilliantly led by halfback Piri Weepu.

Checkout Sebastien Chabals face throughout. Virtually licking his lips like an animal waiting to be unleashed.

Bargoed boy 48 June 04, 2007 5:56 pm

o my god that is awsome but the french looked so relaxed! CRAZY PEOPLE! lol

Anonymous June 05, 2007 6:22 am

howesy, u dont understand with comments like that.

Will Topps June 05, 2007 9:35 am

Seabass is a hero. I'd be psyched if I was watching the haka.

Anonymous June 05, 2007 2:25 pm

dan carter isn't really cut out for the haka. great player though.

Anonymous June 05, 2007 3:41 pm

I agree ^^

Anonymous June 05, 2007 8:52 pm

i dont ^^^

Anonymous June 06, 2007 4:02 am

Chabal: stud. I think I will replicate the hair and beard.

Anonymous June 06, 2007 7:19 am

HOWESY u can suck my dick cunt do u have any idea wat the haka means exactly so shut your fucking mouth u ignorant fuck

Flying Fullback June 06, 2007 4:33 pm

I prefer the old haka... the old haka was definitive... I like the new one but I grew up watching and loving the old one. Also Seabass is well psyched to not be phased by the haka and he puts in massive hits!!

Anonymous June 07, 2007 11:49 am

Howsey, mate i wanna ask... tell me if im wrong, but are you from south africa?

Anonymous June 08, 2007 3:43 pm

gd stuff by seabass!! just like Richard Cockerill for England in 1997, fronting up to the challenge

Anonymous June 10, 2007 1:45 pm

You can see the envy in Chabal's eyes.From Seabass to Caveman and he's now known as Hannibal Lecter in france.Too bad he has two left hand ...It's going to be a great world cup !

4Lc4TR4Z June 13, 2007 6:24 am

CHANIBAL LECTER :') exactly...

Pierre June 15, 2007 3:29 pm

Le haka de la Nouvelle Zlande, celui est danser homosexuel!

Bokke Bokke Bokke June 15, 2007 3:32 pm

^^ I don't speak le french too well but I get the idea what that means, haha right on mon amis!

elleee xx June 15, 2007 8:28 pm

i support the all blacks all the way, and i respect all rugby teams. one thing that i really cant understand is rude people who think its clever to disrespect other teams like that howesy dude did. id like to put him on a rugby field with the likes of jerry collins, tana umaga, richie mccaw ect... and see if he would have the balls to say that to their faces! think before you say shit like that. can i just ask one thing though? please send me a pic of your face when you see the all blacks kick your teams ass in the world cup. (Y)

elleee xx June 15, 2007 8:44 pm

one more thing...the all blacks won this match 61-10. that, howesy babe is a world record! rudeness and disrespect doesnt win, so even if chabal was "disrespecting" the haka, what did he gain from it? NOTHING! just a great, huge, record-breaking loss! and now, france are famous for being "the team who got totally smashed by the all blacks" sounds good aye?

Anonymous June 15, 2007 9:27 pm

what a shit dancelooks like something they learnt in nursery.never knew rugby players could dance.makes trhe all-blacks look like pussy'swilr

rhys June 16, 2007 5:39 pm

fact is the haka is a challenge, you don't have to respect a load of guys shouting and dancing a threat at you, come on guys, let's not take it so seriously eh?

Anonymous June 17, 2007 11:04 am

ellee xx, France lost to a great NZ side but they weren't playing with their best players. Players from clubs like Stade Toulousain, Stade Francais, Clermont, and Biarritz could not be picked by the French staff because they were playing semi-finals in the French Championship... Note that these 4 clubs provide 90% of France's squad. So a historic defeat maybe, but not really significant

Anonymous June 17, 2007 7:34 pm

yeah true, both england and france tours have just been money spinners for the respective unions, TV providers etc. considering players from top 14 clubs are unavailable as were all Leicester, Wasps and Bath players, ideal solution is to get something like the central contracts NZ have on their top players

maori boiiiiii June 18, 2007 5:52 pm

^^^all truebut!new zealand still won!c'mon you kiwi's (Y)

Anonymous June 26, 2007 1:32 am

yeah and they still got smashed last year with all there 90% top players ....stop making excuses .chaBALLS along wit france r shit "end of story"

Anonymous June 26, 2007 11:13 pm

howesy u stuuuuuuupid cunt, u should show years and years of maori tradition a bit of respect, theres bee tougher men than the likes of weepu and collins have gone before these players who have "danced" around as u put it, id love to see u out there with that overrated piece of shit chabal, he can huff and puff all he wants but when it comes down to it he cant convert it into play, wait and see when nz walk the world cup

Anonymous July 06, 2007 9:02 am

Howesy's a popular guy isnt he?!I have a lot of respect for the Haka and the All Blacks, I've faced a couple in my time (Haka's not All Blacks) and love the challange it reprsents and the motivation it providers.I however hate, with a passion, people who facelessly or anonymously slate or bad mouth other cultures from the safety of their internet armchair. One of the greatest things about Rugby is the fact that regardless of how rough or dirty a match may be, their is always a mutual respect for your opponent and you can always have a beer after the game. People like Howsey with their ignorant comments are r@ping the game whenever they open their mouth with such crap.Dan

Anonymous July 25, 2007 8:18 pm

rockyENGKiwis, stop moaning about other players disrespecting your haka when all they are doing is fronting up to it.When Richard Cockerill stood up do it you lot got stroppy! You don't walk into someone elses face and then blub when they eyeball you back!You lot spoilt everyones enjoyment and anticipation at Cardiff last year when you wouldn't perform the Haka on the pitch because the Taffies had "offended" you in some way, but you lot are happy to do Hakas for Iveco Trucks or Adidas when it suits you! Hypocrites!PS your new haka is for bitches!

Kurt July 28, 2007 9:43 pm

does anyone else thing it looks kind of weird when they see new zealand players who dont come from maori origin performing the haka? looks a bit like they are imposters, eg dan carter, or ali williams. jerry collins and weepu for example look the business though.

Anonymous August 01, 2007 11:58 pm

the only thing i have to say about this haka is that it does not compare to the old one. it still represents the same thing, but the old one was giving me chills every time i'd hear it. hope they aren't gonna stick with this one for the wc

Goat August 14, 2007 5:59 pm

Is It Me Or Does Dan Carter Shit A Brick? Watch His Face After The Show Chabal!

Anonymous September 01, 2007 10:23 am

The kiwis had smashed france just a few weeks before the 1999 RWC, and had smashed australia before the 2003 RWC, and we all know what happened! When will you guys understand these games mean nothing? And talking about disrespect, this new gay dance seems like the best token of disrespect i can imagine. And there's no history about it, it was invented a few years ago.100% agree with rockyENG

T-Bizzler September 02, 2007 4:34 pm

I much prefer the old Haka I hope they will stick to it in the World Cup.I think the Haka is only as good when lead by a Maori, when Umanga lead it was incredible.Chebal is bloody scary looking though isn't he?

Anonymous September 07, 2007 5:22 am

in the rugby 08 game MCcaw leads it which is gay i agree a black guy needs to lead it

fishboy September 12, 2007 5:57 am

Umanga was definitely the best leader for Kapa o Pango. He looked like he was going to explode :)

Anonymous September 20, 2007 9:59 pm

Umanga is not Maori. He's Samoan.There's lots of white maoris here too. You only have to 1/16th or something to be an officially recognised Maori.

Anonymous September 25, 2007 10:48 am

no matter how many times i see this haka i still think the old ones better. i mean don't get me wrong i still respect it but when you Piri Weepu leading it don't seem right. and players like dan carter trying to scary you with his baby face ain't gonna make seabass run a mile lol.

Anonymous October 12, 2007 11:10 pm

I think the Kapa O Pango Haka is awesome... I love the both the same, really. McCaw looks as though he's about to go green with the Hulk Aggression. :) He looks good. Carter, looks like he's about to self combust... but again, it looks incredible. I would have to say this particular Haka with Piri leading, is one of my best. ... I actually think I prefer Kapa to Ka Mate... I love the way they go to the floor and then rise up, all joining in. It's a show for the fans, I tell ya. Beautiful stuff!! Tana did an awesome job introducing Kapa to the Boks. :)

Anonymous December 27, 2007 10:24 am

I prefer the old Hakka personally, but oh well. I cant remember the guys name. wasn't Tana, the guy I'm thinking of led the Hakka in the...90s? at some point, vague i know, but he was damn scary

Anonymous April 25, 2010 1:03 pm

the haka was brought in to help nz get pschyed and put the fear of god into opposition
weepu is the only maori in the squad the rest are white or stolen from fiji
u cant get pissed off when sumone stands up to it its part of the spectacle
i love the haka and always look forward to seeing it and how other teams react
but plz dont say people disrespect it when it means nothing to most of the players/fans who perform/support it