Streaker starts mass brawl after tackle

Sam Burgess breaks cheekbone, plays on

Just how fast is Carlin Isles?

Female Streaker has no regrets

Step and unbelievable dummy sets up try

Why you should always tackle low

Springboks edge All Blacks in thriller

Tameifuna's huge hit on Michael Hooper

Ben Tameifuna massive fend on huge prop

Friday, April 11, 2008

Friday Funnies - David Skrela's crazy restart

Friday Funnies - David Skrela's crazy restart

It's never nice to laugh at a players mistakes or misfortunes, but on this occasion, seeing as it's hardly or never been seen before, I think we're allowed to have a little chuckle at this blooper.

It was in the recent Six Nations that we witnessed this bizarre restart kick from French flyhalf David Skrela, who somehow managed to kick the ball backwards from a restart on the halfway line.

It was a rather comical kick that I highly doubt the French forwards appreciated, but commentator Brian Moore in particular enjoyed it.

'Give that man a chocolate egg.'

Posted at 9:31 am | 26 comments

mo14k April 11, 2008 10:02 am

HaHa was hilarious watching this live... Couldn't believe it...

newcastleron April 11, 2008 10:10 am

I do like how brian moore says exactly what he's thinking with out any worry about being polite, but it slightly owrries me that while commentating he was thinking about chocolate eggs!

newcastleron April 11, 2008 10:12 am

no wonder southern hemisphere rugby is such a higher quality than northen hemisphere!

yousef1490 April 11, 2008 10:52 am

newcastleron how can u say southern hemisphere rugby is higher quality based on a kick that as the commentators put it "i have never seen before!!" ?still was a very funny thing to see when watching the game

Anonymous April 11, 2008 12:10 pm

mwahahahahaha

David April 11, 2008 12:17 pm

he was so nervous, feel a bit sorry for him, but hell. head coach shouldn't fuck with the team selection so much. glad we won.

Jb April 11, 2008 2:12 pm

It could have been funny if i wasn't French lol.

Ave88 April 11, 2008 3:59 pm

I was so angry when I witnessed that... I thought, "Skrela, what a shame !". But now I think "Lievremont, what a moron you are !"Why ? Because he should never have put Skrela in the first place, and it has nothing to do with the fact that there are better french fly halfs out there.It's because in this video gentlemen, Skrela jsut got his first son. A week ago or so. When you a are a new dad, emotions are such that you it's impossible to focuse on an international game. Wrong call by lievremont.

Anonymous April 11, 2008 4:41 pm

This man is a goat...C'est homme est une chvre une chevrasse mme!Is not funny at all for frenchs

Flooz April 11, 2008 5:03 pm

hehe make me laugh in fact (and i'm french)France have problems with their feet : Skrela is more centre than N10, Michalak is...in south africa, Elissade is...scrum-halfWaiting for a specialist..

Jbmass April 11, 2008 8:32 pm

Yes, but we have Beauxis, and Michalak is buying himself new feet, so this won't be a problem.

Anonymous April 11, 2008 9:59 pm

i seen that happen before..... our out-half was having a good day but our big headed scrum-half/flanker decided to tke a drop off. if landed about a yard behind the half way line. Hilarious!!!

bert April 12, 2008 1:29 am

David Skrela will always crumble in big games. I doubt it will change much. Put the man on the bench, or out.

DAN April 12, 2008 6:21 am

this is no word of a lie but my 4yr old lad can drop kick better then that. the lad loves his rugby so you might see him on here in 20 years or summit.

Richard April 12, 2008 8:36 am

I just like Brian Moore saying "Oh my God"

Luke April 12, 2008 1:39 pm

Haha, I was at this match, the whole stadium laughed at him! That's gotta be nervewracking.

Anonymous April 12, 2008 3:52 pm

Is it just me, or does David Skrela look really ill in this game?

David April 12, 2008 7:45 pm

he always looks a bit Ill, his face is quite deep set, so i dunno, looks a little gaunt at the best of times.

Ben April 14, 2008 11:46 pm

Skrela should not play with France, he just didn't do any good performance at all. He is praised for his defensive qualities (to make us forget his lack of offensive qualities...) but against Wales he did NOTHING good, and he repeated the "performance" with his club, Stade Franais...I can't believe Stade Toulousain bought him, even Elissalde will make a better fly half, and he'll never replace Fritz/Jauzion at center...

Anonymous April 15, 2008 10:46 pm

Cymru Am Byth!!!

MH May 20, 2008 8:10 pm

'Give that man a chocolate egg' ROFL

Tvrtko June 15, 2008 7:58 pm

Ha, ha, ha.... this reminds me of one of my first games. I started rugby at 15 and most of my teammates were that age and we played U19 game. We were being destroyed and after another try recieved one of the older guys (who didn't train with us but came as "help") said: give me the ball! He marched to the center and took the drop out even worse than Skrela - the ball went some 10-15 meters backwards! But the funniest part was, as both teams stopped and looked in disbelief, our small scrum-half yelled: "Mine!!!" (as we were taught to do when catching the ball). We still refer to that incident (among many others)when remembering the good old junior days... :D

finmac August 03, 2008 2:47 pm

im sorry but i dont think any one could give less of a shit?!!?!?

Anonymous August 05, 2008 12:11 pm

lmao burnnn

jonesy October 30, 2008 12:32 am

our fly half has done dat a gud 7 or 8 times in the last 2 years! we rarely see te funny side during the game, but he tends to get sum stick in da pub after!

mjones June 11, 2013 3:49 pm

I remember watching this live and just thinking,
"WTF was that?!?!?!"