Barbarians run riot vs Leicester Tigers

Rugby's first ever OWN TRY in NRC

Benito Masilevu's huge side-steps

Nigel Owens makes not straight comment

Willem Alberts dancing alone in the gym

Lee Jones makes huge trysaving tackle

WIN the rugby tour of a lifetime with IG

Test Rugby Results - Nov 15th weekend

Toulon DVD - En Route Vers Le Doublé

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Why I Love Rugby

Why I Love Rugby

We come from different backgrounds, from different parts of the world. We're of different age groups and have different beliefs. We're all essentially very different. But one thing we do have in common, is that we all love rugby.

Thats why youre sitting where you are right now. Thats why thousands, from far reaches of the globe, are doing exactly the same thing. We cant get enough of it. Its in our blood. Every moment of this game is special to us. Every tackle, every try, every run, every step its what makes rugby what it is - the most enjoyable sport in the world.

This awesome video, made by one of our regulars, is a brilliant summary of all things special in rugby. The power, the skill, the showmanship its all in there, and it makes for a really well made compilation video that will no doubt touch you in some small way.

There will be a lot of clips in here that you may have already seen, but with the way it's packaged, theyre worth seeing again. Theres even one or two League clips thrown in, as, running with ball in hand and stepping your man is good to watch in either code of the game.

All in all, we hope you enjoy this video, and if you, like us, think its a great format for another Rugbydump series, then let us know and well consider putting a number two together. Who knows where it can go from there.

Enjoy.

My Sacrifice by Creed
Time: 04:59
Note: Thanks to Chris for the great vid

bD June 19, 2008 8:12 pm

yeah make more...i liked it alot because most of the clips i havent seen before. if you can keep up the standard these will be a great bunch of videos

el nino June 19, 2008 8:19 pm

agen awesome vid, what a sport rugby is , the ultimate team game :D I LOVE RUGBY

Anonymous June 19, 2008 8:29 pm

i think its a briliant idea to start up a new rugby dump series like this.... the tsarb series i especially enjoyed an id like to see more videos like this one to.... truly fantastic!

bD June 19, 2008 8:33 pm

curiosity though....how long did it take to make and how long will the next one take?

peppers June 19, 2008 8:36 pm

Absouloutly amazing vid thanks rugby dump You should definately make this a new series

Evo June 19, 2008 8:48 pm

Brilliant vid!Really captures the reasons rugby is such a great sport to watch and participate in!

David June 19, 2008 9:02 pm

nice video, hey the music reminds me, any chance of seeing guetteba15's Tribute to shane williams, its on youtube. :P

Anonymous June 19, 2008 9:05 pm

GREEEEEEEEAT

doug June 19, 2008 9:12 pm

Not a single clip of shane williams on that vidhes the reason i love rugbyso im disapointed

liam June 19, 2008 9:30 pm

like comments before, why no shane williams? you included the england try vs wales but none of the grand slam winners tries, brilliant video but try to have more than just english please.

Philibert Santhanara June 19, 2008 9:33 pm

A rugger from Singapore here =D. Keep the Rugby spirit going mates! Remember: It's better to have played Rugby, kicked some arse and lost than to ever have played Football!

Gareth June 19, 2008 9:36 pm

You can see Shane Williams around 4:11

Blake June 19, 2008 9:55 pm

Wow.....I've been a fan of RD for a long time and I have to say that this is easily one of the best video I've ever seen on the dump.Anyone that's worked with video editing knows how much time goes in to making a 3 or 4 minute vid like this.The quality of hits and tries in this video is staggering.5/5Blakewww.USASevens.com

Sharky June 19, 2008 10:16 pm

Superb vid. Love every second of it. Those talking about Shane Williams - it's about rugby, not individuals, so even bringing that up and bitching about it is pretty pathetic really. Appreciate a good vid about RUGBY. There will be other times to praise individuals. This, is quality. Well done guys.. well done Rancid. ;)

Jay June 19, 2008 10:23 pm

Thats epic..Nice one RD, would love to see more (Y)

Anonymous June 19, 2008 10:28 pm

the last clip summed up why i love rugby, individual skill but team work being the most important.

dude June 19, 2008 11:54 pm

best rugby video ever!RUGBY FOR LIFE!!!

rdimes June 20, 2008 12:06 am

this vid gives me tinggle when i watch it lol. Makes me wanna go play a match. Keep up the good work RD!

Anonymous June 20, 2008 12:40 am

great vid.the best ive seen in RD. please make more of these

Rugbyfan1 June 20, 2008 12:41 am

This is a brilliant advert for the game...it pretty much shows every aspect off the game...the emotion, the physicality, the unbelivable skill, the commitment...they should show this to football players so they can see what a proper sport is..

Anonymous June 20, 2008 12:43 am

yeah this video is awsome, but you should introduced some tackles from Argentina(Pumas), ex: contepomi against skrela, leguizamon against chabal,carry on making videos like this ones!

Ref June 20, 2008 12:54 am

I was at a tourney recently that featured (sadly) an awful lot of pompous, posturing blowhards. You know, good rugby players but the kind that blow it by lots of flexing, posing, and talking about what great rugby players they are. It made me question why I love rugby. This video answered the question!

jody June 20, 2008 12:55 am

Chabal and Brad Thorn? My favorites! Thanks!

jody June 20, 2008 12:56 am

Chabal and Brad Thorn? My favorites! Thanks!

Jeroz June 20, 2008 1:08 am

Love this video RD, especially the flick pass from Spencer.just wondering, who is that guy in the orange jersey who stepped like 7 people in a row? that's some freakish skill

Number 5 June 20, 2008 1:49 am

Great video man. Made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

halfback999 June 20, 2008 2:03 am

more, more, more. get started RD!!!i look forward to it!

gfhmon June 20, 2008 3:42 am

Brilliant. Definitely make more.On a sidenote its funny how the clips with Quins are of them just getting owned. Love it.

whistleman June 20, 2008 4:11 am

to jeroz mate,he's benji marshall and he playz for west tigers in tha nrl

Ozster June 20, 2008 4:27 am

Great video i loved the rugby league clips, is there any possiblibty of getting some more league clips up on RD

Anonymous June 20, 2008 4:47 am

that was a brilliant videokeep it up

@x.l June 20, 2008 5:58 am

A great video! It is possible to get this clip in a higher quality to download?

Nick June 20, 2008 6:14 am

Great video, although the fighting is definately not why i love rugby...

Don June 20, 2008 7:00 am

absolutely fucking awesome*pardon my frenchAnd if u r french, well...fuck it.

Anonymous June 20, 2008 7:21 am

Great video but I agree with Doug...where the hell was shane williams x

will66 June 20, 2008 7:29 am

Really enjoyed that - big thanks. Definitely room for sequels...

Short stack June 20, 2008 7:31 am

Outstanding.Bit of a Sale fan are we?Hahaha.

Connachtfan June 20, 2008 7:38 am

typical, no scrums, lineouts,rucks or Mauls ! There is more to our beuatiful game then fancy running!Nice vid though....

nick June 20, 2008 7:47 am

THIS IS WHY I LOVE RUGBY!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe June 20, 2008 8:17 am

if you dont make more ill be mad! these are the videos you watch before a game to get you pumped up and just reminds you why you love the game!!!!!!!!

Joe June 20, 2008 8:18 am

reminds me alot of the 6 nations and world cup video made by kevock85 heres a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFvNHM6MytE

Lurker365 June 20, 2008 8:49 am

Connachtfan asking for more videos of scrums. Man, there's a concept. One way to drive people away from RD.This was brilliant, some great clips with awesome variety. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Anonymous June 20, 2008 8:54 am

stop making rugby limp-wristed by using music like this.

David June 20, 2008 9:12 am

seemed a bit anti welsh tbh, (just joking) lots of footage of the all blacks showing us how its done, but oh well, they pretty much do that to everyone. a dash of S williams wouldnt of gone a miss.its still 5 stars :D

italianscrummy June 20, 2008 9:31 am

This is why I love rugby.THE BEST DAMN SPORT IN THE WORLD!!!!!God damn it. I sprained my ankle yesterday in practice.Then I come home and see this great vid...and I can't play!!!F***K!!!!!!

Anonymous June 20, 2008 9:55 am

brilliant... many more needed

uesjuvenils June 20, 2008 10:13 am

Incredible! Make more because: WE LOVE RUGBY!

Luke June 20, 2008 11:36 am

Awesome Vid. Little diassapointed theres no clips of Shane Williams like. But no the less good Vid (Y)

Shaft June 20, 2008 11:59 am

Great video, and ignore the comments about Shane Williams. Not sure why there's all the fuss about that to be honest. I certainly didn't miss him, and it's not as if it was a video showing 'Great Welsh wingers who can run fast and sidestep'. Therefore, nothing wrong with him not being in here. Awesome vid. :)

peppers June 20, 2008 12:15 pm

Amazing vid but why so many fight thats not what rugbys about

Rancid June 20, 2008 12:36 pm

Williams is in there. To the later stage of the video, Rokocoko burns him ;)

Hunter June 20, 2008 12:56 pm

This is more like, "Why I like Northern Hemisphere Rugby"...Still good but

Anonymous June 20, 2008 12:57 pm

If anyone is bored enough, (or loves rugby enough), you could do up really awesome clips of Cult heros:like a 4~5 minute video highlight of C-BASS, Nonu and all the other players that we don't get to see videos of.This one is really finely done :D(GO RUGBY DUMP!!!)

Anonymous June 20, 2008 1:14 pm

"This is more like, "Why I like Northern Hemisphere Rugby"...Still good but"Well it wasn't intentional. I think i made the video before this seasons Super 14 started so was short on domestic Southern hemisphere material.But Rugby is rugby. What difference would it make to the video?

Greiffel June 20, 2008 1:27 pm

lol @ Rancid

halfback999 June 20, 2008 1:45 pm

to be fair this site has always had a lot more southern hemisphere rugby anyway so i don't mind things evened out a little

Jack June 20, 2008 2:01 pm

Makes me smile :D

flyingoutside June 20, 2008 3:14 pm

to much english crap

David June 20, 2008 3:30 pm

dear me alot of NH haters making their presence felt. i love how alot of the major fights are typically french :DThat Joe Rockococko run and subsequent try at 2:14 is fantastic, was it king Carlos with the great little pass at then end of it?and to whoever said it, must of been quite something for joe to burn shane when he'd already crossed the try line before williams had even got across.

Fred June 20, 2008 3:32 pm

um, Hello emergency operator...can you please send the "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-ambulance", yes, we have some cry babys here. You can please some people all the time or you can please all the people some of the time.RugbyDump, thank you for all that you do and the fine way in which you do it.

Rancid June 20, 2008 3:56 pm

"David"Actually, as the creator of the video, he hadn't crossed the try line, far from it.He beat Shane with his own game, the step!I have nothing against Williams, and in the actual video comments on Youtube when asked why i didn't include his Six Nations material, i explain why(fear of Youtube account being expelled from the site)The truth is he was burned. Simple. It happens to the best of us.

poccio June 20, 2008 3:57 pm

great vid!! love to see more....btw who is the guy that makes the run at 3.16? also i agree with a previous post: put in some scrums, mauls rucks and lineouts!! xoxox

TheFullback June 20, 2008 4:05 pm

This video didnt remind me how much I love rugby as such, more like how lucky I am to be able to play it. I know i'm only playing at schools and under-age level, but all my time and energy goes into training for it. It really is my life. And I feel privileged to be part of the teams I play for. This video reminded me of what an honor it is to be part of the greatest team sport in the world.(Oh, and I think this vid is better as a once-off kinda thing :-P)

Rancid June 20, 2008 4:10 pm

Poccio, 3:16 IS BENJI MARSH.A Rugby League player. Who plays in the NRL. For the west Tigers.Renound for his side step.

Anonymous June 20, 2008 4:30 pm

great video.makes me want to get out and play even more then before. great choice of track. definitely would like to see more.

Kieran June 20, 2008 5:06 pm

Great work rugbydump!Like a pimp says to his ho's...keep em' coming.

Laura June 20, 2008 6:32 pm

A lot of feelings grow inside of me when I see that kind of videos, its because I really love rugby.Althoug here in Spain, the rugby aint an important sport, there are a lot of people like me, that want it to improve. We all are working on it.Great video.

David June 20, 2008 8:15 pm

fair enough rancid, you made the "masterpeice" :D

NJM June 20, 2008 10:00 pm

Loved the amount of Sale clips!

Anonymous June 20, 2008 11:42 pm

Lots of fights on there i'd not seen before - be great to get them on RD.Great video. Thanks.

TigersFan June 20, 2008 11:46 pm

Definately make more. The vid is great cos it show a lot of great rugby that cant be in TSRB cos its not that kind of stuff. Cracking music as well :D

Anonymous June 21, 2008 4:06 am

Ohh dam that was a great vid. Shows y rugby is the greatest sport ever. keep'em coming :D

Rod June 21, 2008 10:03 am

Really good vid, a good blend of bringing the pain and some cracking tries, if you can keep the standard up then it'd be great to see more

evnz June 21, 2008 7:25 pm

my mates always ask me why do u lyk rugby?yes its a dull question.and i always tell them that it is in my fiery welsh valleys blood.stupid ewe are innew is the only comment that i get.i just sent this link 2 them and fuck me they were speechless.thanks agen R.D.(p.s. stop moanin about williams,it would have been nice but wh gives a fuck)

Dave June 22, 2008 2:34 pm

Amazing video. Id really enjoy a series of them. The video was done really well. I loved the Chabal and Robinson clips! Keep it up!

milleurtime June 22, 2008 6:57 pm

I decided not to watch this video based solely on the fact that Creed was used for the background music.

Shaft June 23, 2008 10:36 am

Milleurtime, that's got to be one of the dumbest comments I've ever heard.

Anonymous June 23, 2008 12:27 pm

I love that blues try against the hurricanes. what a sweet back-hand pass inside. lucky. but then it takes skill to creat luck. top notch vid lads. best rugby site i've seen. looking forward to the tri-nations. it's going to be between SA and NZ for sure...

Sher June 23, 2008 4:08 pm

i was a bit disturbed as the video showed more of the ugly side of rugby (fights, dump tackles) than the reasons why we all love the game..just a thought

Anonymous June 23, 2008 8:09 pm

Really great video. Definitely worth making more. I would put a little less fighting in. Crazy French punchups pretty funny but not really a great advert for Rugby.

curtis June 26, 2008 6:25 pm

Hell of a video, rugby is the greatest sport on earth hands down. Any chance of a downloadable version? would love to be able to watch this before every game.

Margaret June 27, 2008 6:21 am

That was absolutely briliant. thee music was awesome and the clips were perfect. much better than TSRB cause its not just hits its every thing. should definetely make more like these. on thing though, there were to many fight scenes. a few is okay, but i dont love rugby because of the fights, i love it because its such a great game

alex smith July 03, 2008 1:37 pm

similar comments to everyone else but well done for not using the same clips as all the other on you tube....quality video.all the best from a fellow sale fan

fresh July 08, 2008 3:25 am

the blues try was sheer class, beautiful rugby

Anonymous July 10, 2008 2:50 pm

great vid. robinson looks like he could take habana for pace in this!

doyler8 July 13, 2008 4:44 pm

incredible video!! definately should make a new series out of this!!

Alex July 15, 2008 1:55 am

Absolutely stunning. Dare I say it...better than the TSRB vids?Being a forward, the only other thing I could have asked for would be a clip of a massive scrum.

rob July 17, 2008 5:48 pm

whoever called football the beautiful game has never been on this site!!

Anonymous July 21, 2008 9:01 pm

i would just like to point out to anyone complaining that their favourite player is not in it , as a lot of shane williams fans have been : the video is called "why -I- love rugby" , not " why you love rugby " . So its completely the authors choice as to what he does and does not include. Cry babies .

Anonymous July 28, 2008 8:52 am

wow thats all i can say about benji marshall. he is amazing

Anonymous September 03, 2008 1:03 am

its the best video i've ever seen. i love rugby

Anonymous January 12, 2009 7:34 am

Why use all the clips of fights? I don't think that's one of the best sides to rugby, sure it's all part of the same game, but let's use some clips that shows the commoradory that rugby produces. Just my opinion.

Keith March 15, 2009 11:13 am

dare i say that this series is better than TSRB, a mortal sin suggesting that, i know... but still...

evnz May 02, 2009 11:30 pm

i'm a huge shane williams supporter and i dont care he aint in it.its a phenomenal vid and has made me love rugby even more.

Anonymous July 07, 2009 5:27 pm

What headguard is that at 2.14, its tribal and canterbury jetstream, but i cant find it anywere :(

ireton October 26, 2009 1:11 pm

god i hate that song

Fred October 26, 2009 9:14 pm

hahaha did anyone else find this so sale sharks biased? I personally think the Ben Foden try is the single best piece of finishing I have seen in a long time, being able to carry momentum while avoiding the touch line. Pure skill, and, from a Sale fan, one of the biggest losses we've had to endure

Anonymous October 28, 2009 6:08 am

Great but music wasn't so good and with all the fantastic videos on this website there could hav been better tries, tricks and others...

Victor November 16, 2009 5:18 am

great video, but rugby it's not just punches

Anonymous January 15, 2010 3:50 pm

That was great. Definitely make more. Keep up the good work rugbydump.

USA7 February 22, 2010 3:59 am