Ludovic Mercier crazy reverse pass

The Human Hurdle Attempt

WIN Rugby Speaker of the Year tickets!

Step and unbelievable dummy sets up try

Prop lays into fullback with big shot

Brian O'Driscoll Breakdown Masterclass

Southland sensational try after big bump

Sam Burgess breaks cheekbone, plays on

Ben Tameifuna massive fend on huge prop

Sunday, February 15, 2009

France win at home against a determined Scotland

France win at home against a determined Scotland

Flanker Fulgence Ouedraogo's second-half try and five penalties by flyhalf Lionel Beauxis gave a sluggish France a 22-13 victory over Scotland at the Stade de France on Saturday.

Scotland held their own in the first half and winger Thom Evans added to two earlier Phil Godman penalties with a try ten minutes from time but the visitors never seriously threatened to beat the home side.

France coach Marc Lievremont, who said before the match that a loss would be a "humiliation", was disappointed by a series of French errors and a failure to break down a determined Scottish defence more decisively.

"There was a lack of precision, too many mistakes," he told a news conference. "I had been hoping for a nice evening, spending Saint Valentine's with my wife but I think I'm going to have to be getting in a video session to see what went wrong."

Scotland captain and scrumhalf Mike Blair said the team had battled well in the face of a lopsided 7-3 penalty count.

"There were things that went against us and we were still right in the game against a good French side," he said.

Time: 03:44

Flooz February 15, 2009 6:57 pm

it was the most boring game of the tournamenttoo many mistakes and so-so attacks from the both sidesgood point, french improved their basics in scrum and touchhope to see better stuff against welsh

Flooz February 15, 2009 6:57 pm

Billybob February 15, 2009 7:00 pm

Scotland always seem to get tough calls, ouedrago's try was a blatant forward pass.However the better team won.

Billybob February 15, 2009 7:00 pm

Anonymous February 15, 2009 7:05 pm

Why aren't clerc, rougerie, yachville & traille playing? Heymens is better at fullback and rougerie is the best winger france have.

Anonymous February 15, 2009 7:05 pm

Anonymous February 15, 2009 7:08 pm

+ Skella

Anonymous February 15, 2009 7:08 pm

+ Skella

Anonymous February 15, 2009 7:42 pm

"could be seen as a forward pass"? it was as forward as it gets...

Anonymous February 15, 2009 7:42 pm

"could be seen as a forward pass"? it was as forward as it gets...

piaruskov February 15, 2009 7:49 pm

rougerie is the best winger france has... after clerc, heymans, malzieu, mdard, etc. That fucker has never been brilliant with France, at least one thing Lievremont has understood (I hope). Yachvili hasn't been any good recently, even with Biarritz, and traille is not at his best right now. Actually I believe Lievremont's team is pretty coherent. btw, it WAS a forward pass and the most boring game so far

piaruskov February 15, 2009 7:49 pm

Top 14 February 15, 2009 7:51 pm

Sorry anonymous, but you arent exactly mr. current affairs. Clerc has made a comeback only in December from a fractured knee ligament (6-8 months off I think). Traille is not bad, but definitely not the best. Rougerie same thing, and today often does amazing for Clermont but average for France (Mdard, Heymans and Malzieu have more future, Rougerie was capped 50-odd times already) and Yachvili has been playing shit for 2 seasons, only getting 40% of his place kicks in, though he's getting slightly better each match. And Skrela is recovering from a small injury, should perhaps see him against Italy or England.

Top 14 February 15, 2009 7:51 pm

Anonymous February 15, 2009 7:53 pm

it was not a forward pass, it's the angle of the camera which make it look forward. With the good angle you can see it's not forward, very close to be forward but no that's fine.For Yachvili, Traille and Skrella, man i'm happy not to see them in the team cause they're really not good these days! especially Yachvilli, there's not slower scrumhalf in France! Clerc is coming back from his injury, and yes Rougerie could have been called, but the coach made his choice...written by le clairvoyant

Anonymous February 15, 2009 7:53 pm

mpc-33 February 15, 2009 8:03 pm

I'm French (sorry for my poor english), so i'm often happy to see "Les Bleus" winning.But here i have to say it's the worst match i have seen since longtime, it looked like a bad second division game.Both teams were brave, the french improved their scrum, (well, it was scotland in front, and without Euan Murray...) but concerning the lineouts, Szarzewski really has to improve his launch. Thus, he remains an excellent hooker.The worts thing in this game was the way both teams caught their balls... Gosh ! Learn 'hem to catch a ball !! How many knock on and forward have we seen !?It was a real pity. I though Livremont would be deadly angree, but he just looked tired to see the team unable to play a total rugby. I'm not even sure he shout at 'em at the halftime.If they play, they fail in basics. If they are good in the basics, they are unable to do more than two pass.Well, most of 'em are still young (except the second row), let's hope they will learn...And i want to say that i was really, really stunned to see the referee giving the french the first try...I don't think the pass was forward, but i am sure there was an obstruction. I would never never have given this try, even if i was in favor of the french.Concerning the scottish, well after the autumn tour, i though they would be able to do something for this tournament... But i'm afraid they will only beat the italians (and the english i wish, but i they continue to play in the way they did saturday...).With the welsh having faded away a bit according to my opinion, there will be more suspens in two weeks.

mpc-33 February 15, 2009 8:03 pm

the bitter scott February 15, 2009 8:10 pm

The french try wasnt a try, it was a blatant forward pass. However France in some ways deserved to win. Scotland were to ill disciplined and gave away to many silly penalties. Though some good sings for Scotland, a very good try by Evans.Fingers crossed Scotland can come right against Italy!

the bitter scott February 15, 2009 8:10 pm

Anonymous February 15, 2009 9:37 pm

For me(i'm french), Lievremont is the worst coach we've ever had .Players like Ouedraogo,Para or Poitrenaud are pure joke when you have world class players like Rougerie(55 caps/22 tries),Bonnaire(best french flancker by far) or Elissalde.I was not a fan of Laporte, but at least with him, we have won 4 six nations.(sorry for my english)

Anonymous February 15, 2009 9:37 pm

Ben February 15, 2009 10:39 pm

Well for Skrela, I hope I won't ever see him on the field with a blue jersey on ever again ! He's the shittiest fly-half ever, unable to score either with his feet or with his hands, I really don't understand how he could have been chosen by a National coach. I've never seen him playing well since at least 2 years.

Ben February 15, 2009 10:39 pm

Don February 16, 2009 6:59 am

bloody forward pass

Don February 16, 2009 6:59 am

bloody forward pass

Anonymous February 16, 2009 7:56 am

it's NOT a forward pass. the two refs are at 2 meters, they did see it better than us on t.v with a bad angle of camera

Anonymous February 16, 2009 7:56 am

Ben February 16, 2009 8:57 am

A pass is considered forward if the ref signals it, the ref didn't whistle ? It was backwards ;)IMO, that pass wass forward, but refs make mistakes, even with the video available, we're all still human.

Ben February 16, 2009 8:57 am

thibault February 16, 2009 9:51 am

To analyze the french game against scotland, i will say it's far to be perfect!!!- Beauxis (n10) is a good foot player, but he never attackes the line- Jauzion and Baby (n 12 & 13) never did the difference... missed of creativity- Pointreneau (n15) not enought cutting- A good scrumAnd for the french try, we can see Medard put forward his hands for pass the ball to Ouedraogo. But, it's to indefinite to give the try (and there is a empty passage from ouedraogo)... Maybe a ref video analyze would be more appropriate!!!

thibault February 16, 2009 9:51 am

Anonymous February 16, 2009 12:06 pm

Not forward, on the match we see lots angle who seing the pass was not forward, cause Medard hand's are in fact of Ouedraogo.

Anonymous February 16, 2009 12:06 pm

Ref February 16, 2009 2:24 pm

Merde. I watched that several times and counted three forward passes leading to that try. Two might be arguable, but the last was clearly forward, even allowing for the "camera angle." Since the "victory" over NZ in the last World Cup, France fans just can't understand what "forward" means!

Ref February 16, 2009 2:24 pm

T. Cox February 17, 2009 7:29 am

I saw that pass on a different (better) angle during the Wales-England match and IMO it was definately forward.But anyway, what the ref doesn't see is allowed so too bad for Scotland that the pass wasn't noticed by the ref

T. Cox February 17, 2009 7:29 am

Anonymous February 17, 2009 8:01 am

'Julien Bonnaire is the best French flanker by far'I think Thierry Dusautoir would like to have a word with you.This was a pretty awful game, but it was nowhere near the shit served up by Italy and England during their match. I never would have thought a 5-try game could be so dull.

Anonymous February 17, 2009 8:01 am

Bert February 17, 2009 10:39 pm

I am annoyed with the refereeing so far in the six nations. I don't know about every game, but as concerns France:1 against Ireland, everythinf*g went against us 2 against Scotland, a lot of bad calls, against the Scots mostlyTwo wrongs don't make one right? I won't be happy we have been helped by the ref. Also, I'm disappointed with the overall level of this tournament, I hoped for an open one but only Wales seem great. I hope I will be proven wrong...

Bert February 17, 2009 10:39 pm

Jonny February 20, 2009 2:59 am

In case any of you didn't notice (the majority of you), the ref didn't call the forward pass because he had fallen over on his arse. Wayne Barnes, the linesman for the match on that side, was behind the run of play as well. Neither were in a position to see. If I'm correct, one of the improvements with the ELV's is that the TMO can actually inform the referee of an infringement/knock on/forward pass in the build up to the try, whereas before, they could not and only say if the try had been scored.Very definetly a forward pass and maybe a wee obstruction or two thrown in for good measure.I'll also tell you this for free: We (Scotland) won't do well until we sack our useless coach Frank Hadden.

Jonny February 20, 2009 2:59 am

Anonymous February 21, 2009 5:29 pm

The pass was so forward that if you watch Ouedraogo after he touches down, he looks around wondering as if to say "are they actually going to give me this one?"

Anonymous February 21, 2009 5:29 pm

Anonymous February 23, 2009 11:31 pm

Welcome to SportPass.TV! We're proud to launch our product in South Africa and provide you, the sports fan, with the ultimate high quality sports video experience.SportPass.TV is a FREE online video platform with sports content from South Africa and around the world. With SportPass.TV, you can watch your favorite teams, players and highlights on our interactive video platform. Come and visit us!www.sportpass.tv

Anonymous February 23, 2009 11:31 pm

Anonymous February 23, 2009 11:31 pm

Anonymous February 23, 2009 11:31 pm

SCOT_ND_PROUD March 01, 2009 4:58 pm

boring match :(awful refereeing over the french try, so blantantly forward!(the linesman was english..im not saying anything ;))but on a happier note in my most recent match I was moved from hooker to centre and didnt miss a single tackle :) haha lol

SCOT_ND_PROUD March 01, 2009 4:58 pm