Wednesday, June 24, 2009
As we saw in Cape Town, its winter down south with pretty chilly conditions for rugby being seen at Newlands, as well as Canberra and Dunedin recently. The good news for those of you up north is, its summertime.
O2 are once again putting on their Scrum on the Beach festival, which is essentially a big rugby beach party where you can have a crack at playing rugby in the sand, amongst other things.
There are plenty of prizes, giveaways, and youll stand a chance of playing with some of Englands stars. Test your skills in the O2 Play Zone, compete on Batak Duel competition stations, pick up rugby freebies, have a beer, eat ice cream, and grab some autographs.
England players will be on the lookout for the teams with the most flair, and if youre chosen, youll get to play at Twickenham in a tournament.
Where is it being held?
* Essex Martello Bay Clacton-on-Sea 4 July, 11-6pm
* Great Yarmouth Marine Parade 11 July, 11-6:30pm
* Southport Ainsdale Beach 18 July, 10-5:30pm
* Bournemouth Boscombe Beach 25 July, 10-7pm
* Dorset Weymouth Beach 1 August, 10-6:30pm
* Newcastle Tynemouth Longsands Beach 8-9 August, 10-4pm
* Lincolnshire Skegness Beach 15 August, 10-5pm
* Newquay Lusty Glaze Beach 28 August, 12-7pm
* Newquay Lusty Glaze Beach 29-30 August, 12-11pm
Its a great event with plenty of fun for all, so if you can, get on down. This fun promotional video shows us top players Paul Sackey, Danny Care, Ben Foden, Lewis Moody, and Delon Armitage all trying their hand at beach rugby.
Note: For more info, checkout the official website here .
Posted at 1:27 pm | 25 comments