Jason Rutledge's great tryline defence

The Top 5 French Flair moments

Ma'afu banned for punch on Tom Youngs

Closing montage from Heineken Cup final

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Isa Nacewa tackle on Gareth Owen

Isa Nacewa tackle on Gareth Owen

Leinster picked up a vital 20-16 victory over Ospreys last night as they stretched their lead at the top of the Magners League table to seven points. This nice tackle by Isa Nacewa was requested on the forum.

Nacewa scored a try for Leinster after just 11 minutes but the Ospreys hit back shortly afterwards with flyhalf Dan Biggar landing three penalties and converting his own try to give the visitors a 16-10 halftime lead.

Ospreys were playing their third match in six days, and looked as though they felt the affect as Shaun Bern scored a converted try before a late penalty from McFadden secured the win for Leinster.

This hit isnt huge, but its nicely timed and looked pretty good and the ball was dislodged from Gareth Owen as Nacewa hit him. In truth it possibly should have been ruled a knock on by Nacewa, but those ones are tough for the ref to see.

Theres been plenty of games in the last two days, so if theres anything you spotted or that youd like to contribute, please get in touch. You can either drop us a mail , or post a message in the request section.

Time: 0:52

Anonymous April 17, 2010 6:23 pm

That's what happens when someone tells Sonny Parker he's allowed to pass.

Box April 17, 2010 6:39 pm

It was their third match in 6 days, not 3 by the way. Nice tackle too.

Sam Glasgow April 17, 2010 6:43 pm

Haha! What was that comment at the lino from the no. 7 then?!

Anonymous April 17, 2010 7:42 pm

A game too far for the ospreys!
What about a video of Parker flattening the 'beast' that is Shane Horgan? With Wallace sounding stupid with his dull and biased commentating.

RD April 17, 2010 8:20 pm

Box, thanks for that. Bad typo. Three matches in three days would be a bit rough.

Anonymous April 17, 2010 10:29 pm

gareth owens tackle on nacewa earlier in the game was good too

miner April 18, 2010 7:00 am

Great to see the Alan Lewis referee the game consistently as it's being played in the SH (I'm a NH guy, just to clarify). I love Leinster, but in the first half, they were laying all over the ball, slowing it down with hands and bodies.

Ospreys, on the other hand, showed how to properly counter-ruck through the middle and win the ball back a few times.

Pretty good match, I thought.

Anonymous April 18, 2010 8:04 am

While we're on typos, I just thought I'd mention "Theres been plenty of games in the last too days".

Do you mean "two days"?

It doesn't matter, and anyone should know what it means - I just thought I'd put it out there.

I'm sure it's just due to the constant stream of updates that have been going on, which is much appreciated, by the way!!

I barely had time to start watching the Leinster match before these highlights were up!

Tim April 18, 2010 8:05 am

^ Sorry, I hit "enter" before filling out a name.

Anonymous April 18, 2010 11:19 am

Ouch, I had a pass like that thrown to me last week. Luckily the other team were slow ;)

RD April 18, 2010 1:29 pm

Thanks Tim. Another bad one there. I was actually watching the Sharks play the Lions while posting this clip, so was a bit slack with double-checking it. Apologies in advance for any others anyone else finds. :)

Third Centre April 18, 2010 10:19 pm

I love ya RD. Typo's and all.

Horgan's attempt of a tackle using his face was a sight to behold.

shtuff April 18, 2010 10:42 pm

Horgan is terrible. I love seeing him get lit up at any chance.

Also, did anyone else think Gareth Owen looked like a schoolboy out of place? I remember seeing people saying he needs to be given a Welsh spot.....they should watch this game.

Sam April 18, 2010 11:13 pm

'Haha! What was that comment at the lino from the no. 7 then?!'

linesman gave the lineout to leinster, whereas, watch carefully, you can see Isa actually knocks the ball on..

thats what he was moaning about...

mat April 19, 2010 12:03 pm

great tackle but was clearly a knock on. there was a couple of good hits the other way too.
what about that elbow on shane as he was running past some forwards, should have been yellow, at least, i hope he gets a hefty ban.

Les blues April 20, 2010 4:29 pm

oh...ideal, i needed a new handbag!

Anonymous April 22, 2010 3:02 am

Does anybody else get the feeling that the other Leinster players don't like Nacewa, he's never congratulated when he does something to help the team and players never seem to talk to him.