Carlos Spencer & Stephen Larkham fight

The Top 5 French Flair moments

Jason Rutledge's great tryline defence

Eddie Butler on Jonny Wilkinson career

Thursday, May 13, 2010

School of Hard Knocks 2010 - Episode 5

School of Hard Knocks 2010 - Episode 5

This is the penultimate episode of School of Hard Knocks so as the series comes nearer to a the grand finale, the guys continue their preparation as they play another training game, apply for jobs, and meet Sir Clive Woodward.

Mentored by Will Greenwood and Scott Quinnell, both Test legends, the boys have already come a long way from when they first got together as a squad. The friction that comes from their differing backgrounds still exists, but theyve made great progress.

In this episode they get to meet Dick Greenwood, who is not only Wills dad, but a former England coach and player who has plenty to say when it comes to getting the boys in shape and teaching them the basic principles of forward play.

Their meeting with 2003 World Cup winning coach Woodward is yet another highlight of their eight week journey as they pick up some valuable tips when it comes to believing in oneself.

Theres trouble at the start of their game later on though, when one of the players is again found out to have been drinking, which proves a distraction to all.

The job applications at the Olympic Park go pretty well, and by all means it looks as though the group are setting about making great changes in their lives. Next week well post the final episode, and include an update on how the guys are doing today, a few months after the show was filmed.

To those who had some trouble playing part two from last weeks show , a link has been posted there now so you can catch up on what you missed out on.

Posted in School of Hard Knocks

Benson May 13, 2010 6:35 pm

Woop. Love this show. Gonna watch now. Thanks RD.

Anonymous May 13, 2010 7:23 pm

another great episode, cant wait for the final one.

Les Bleus May 13, 2010 11:15 pm

Really amazing actually, I stand by my original comments but it is an interesting series. I'm jealous they got to meet Sir Clive Woodward.

Terrible defence though, that number 10 has terrible skills.

jimmymc May 14, 2010 7:36 am

come on les bleus, its not about making them a good rugby team!

Anonymous May 14, 2010 4:43 pm

Great stuff apart from Scott and Will talking. I just skip through all that.

Greiffel May 14, 2010 4:52 pm

Has everyone last interest, or just can't be bothered commenting anymore? :)

Anonymous May 14, 2010 5:40 pm

Best line- "Wally thinks he's Dan Carter or Johnny Wilkinson or something"

Anonymous May 14, 2010 7:45 pm

Yeh les bleus, its about petty theives and drop outs being given a chance to meet famous players and figures, when we dont get that chance...

Phil May 15, 2010 7:34 am

^^^ but if they can help some of these lads to turn their lives around with these opportunities then that's one or two less petty thieves to break into your house, which must be a good thing. You and I probably had a lot of opportunities and experiences growing up that these lads didn't have, so don't be too quick to begrudge them the opportunities afforded to them by this show.

Greiffel May 15, 2010 12:09 pm

*lost. woops

Anonymous May 15, 2010 5:33 pm

......nah phil....opportunities are where you make them!

Ok granted i had a good upbringing, but put it this way, if i'd acted out, and caused any ruckus at home, my opportunities would have shot to zero quicker than than these guys would pinch your wallet!!

So i behaved myself and got more opportunities.

ok, it sounded very grudgy i suppose, that wasnt really my intention....

I just think im tired of those who fall off the track being guided back on it with benefits, perks, money, houses etc, whereas those who are hard working and keep well to stay within the lines and on the track get rewarded with their own self satisfaction....as well as being given the wonderful chance to pay for those who fall off the track!....

I suppose if these guys get turned into 'good citizens' its one less face for me to crack if they get step up to me!

Phil May 15, 2010 6:28 pm

^^^ You almost sounded reasonable and moderate until your last paragraph, tough guy.

Raf May 15, 2010 6:44 pm

This show is interesting.I cant wait to see last part. Regards for all from Poland.

Anonymous May 16, 2010 1:21 am

hey you don't seem like much of a decent citizen yourself if you want to go around cracking jaws of people you judge and little else

JK May 17, 2010 8:24 am

Not sure about some of the scrummaging advice...

Straight legs?

Not sure I agree with the low arse stuff either - props want a high arse to give the locks something to push on.

Anonymous May 17, 2010 1:48 pm

Hey i have nothing against normal citizen, it is those hooded sh*tbags i.e chavs that drive me insane.....

I wouldnt go out of my way to have a scrap, but if one of them "tried to be 'ard" then why wouldnt i take enjoyment out of it?

To me it sounds pretty reasonable.....

Anonymous May 17, 2010 3:53 pm

As much as I hate the Will and Scott chatting bits I did enjoy Will saying he wished that fat joker would have left