Step and unbelievable dummy sets up try

Tameifuna's huge hit on Michael Hooper

WIN Rugby Speaker of the Year tickets!

Sam Burgess breaks cheekbone, plays on

Richard Hibbard & Kalamafoni double hit

The Human Hurdle Attempt

Streaker starts mass brawl after tackle

Female Streaker has no regrets

Ludovic Mercier crazy reverse pass

Friday, September 03, 2010

The Rugby Club Plays of the Week - Thanks coach

The Rugby Club Plays of the Week - Thanks coach

The Fox Sports Plays of the Week comes to an end soon as this is the penultimate edition of the unique weekly rugby wrap-up, Aussie style.

For some of you that'll be good news as for whatever reason, many don't seem to be fans. For the majority though, it'll be bad news as it's been providing us with laughs for quite a while now.

It'll only be a short break though, and next week will be their Plays of the Year, as the international season comes to an end shortly, before Test rugby start up again in a few months time with the November tours.

This week's clip has a whole bunch of quality rugby, with some great tries, a few cracking hits, and one or two digs at the Wallabies, who went down against the Springboks on the weekend. Incidentally, tomorrow the same two sides play again, which will be another fascinating encounter.

Enjoy the plays, enjoy the weekend, and despite the segment taking a break soon, the last few editions will be archived here on RD to make them easy to find if you missed out on some.

Time: 02:29

Anonymous September 03, 2010 6:09 pm

First!

Leeners93 September 03, 2010 7:09 pm

once again another highly entertaining 2 minutes!

McCaw's hair September 03, 2010 7:33 pm

Masaga is a such a twat. Keep dancing, girly man. When you'll never be good enough to appear regularly on the ABs, I guess you've just got to celebrate every try you score in the NZ Cup as if it's the greatest thing ever.

Take a look at who most consider greatest rugby players out there - almost all of them score tries and modestly just go right back to playing the game; this isn't soccer folks.

Lane September 03, 2010 7:35 pm

I love the rugby club plays of the week. Thanks for posting RD! Look forward to plays of the year.

McCaw's hair September 03, 2010 7:36 pm

Let me just clarify. Rugby is a team sport. When Masaga does his whatever-you-call-that crap, he's making it about himself. Notice that sometimes, he'll even push away congratulatory gestures in order to give himself room to dance.

Celebrating a try is one thing (and some tries deserve a hell of a lot of celebrating), but that's not what Masaga does.

His mama must not have raised him right!

Anonymous September 03, 2010 11:40 pm

What's with tackling players in the air and the shoulder charges??

Surely they can find more than one or two legal tackles worthy of the highlight reels.

And what? September 04, 2010 1:34 am

Masaga is shit.

BOLO91 September 04, 2010 3:06 am

@Mcaw's hair... Don't be hating on Masaga... if you have never made the all blacks... you have no right to judge a player of his caliber.. all you do is sit at home and watch clips like this so sit back and relax.. nice compilation RD!..

Sander September 04, 2010 7:25 am

McCaw's Hair has a point (wow, that just doesn't sound right...)

Masaga makes it all about Masaga; same reason why the NFL banned al the excessive celebrations. It's supposed to be a team achievement.

I don't mind celebrating an amazing try and I don't mind players being over the moon when they score a wonderful solo try, but what Masaga does annoys me as well...

Anonymous September 04, 2010 11:10 am

Please stop those ridiculous celebrations, that's soooo fucking lame!

Benson September 04, 2010 12:18 pm

You talk about the greatest players never celebrating? What about that lame salute, high five thing that Christian Cullen, Tana Umaga, etc used to do at the Hurricanes?

The rehearsed stuff can look a little silly at times, but it really isn't WRONG and shouldn't be judged or make the player a douche. Each to their own. If someone is happy when scoring, let him celebrate. No biggie. It doesnt make him a worse player and it certainly shouldn't offend anyone.

Chris September 04, 2010 12:52 pm

.................

^ Miserable git.

There's a reason celebrations are shown on highlights. People enjoy them.

It's a bit of fun. Nice to see players enjoying themselfs.

You're stuck in the 1950s. This is a professional game.

Dazzer September 04, 2010 1:13 pm

Chris said...
There's a reason celebrations are shown on highlights. People enjoy them.

Luxi September 04, 2010 1:30 pm

I love the plays of the week !!!!!!!! :D

Chris September 04, 2010 2:58 pm

"Not all people, the rehearsed stuff looks like rubbish and it's not spontaneous celebrating it's "look at me I'm shit hot". Rugby can do without it."

No it's not. It's players enjoying their rugby and having a good time.

BOLO91 September 05, 2010 11:46 am

Yeah I agree with you Chris.. At the end of the day.. Masaga is Masaga.. Everyone has their own ways of making people remembering them.. Just let the professional rugby players have fun. .. staying at home criticizing rugby players because of something that YOU believe is wrong, is really childish and selfish.. not everyone agrees with you so build a bridge and GET OVER IT..

Anonymous September 05, 2010 3:01 pm

hahaha I always love it

Tommy September 05, 2010 10:59 pm

Get over it, if you don't like a celebration after a try don't watch or something, but stop being miserable fucking kill-joys.
Mccaw's Hair should be named Buzz Killington.

Dazzer September 06, 2010 1:35 am

BOLO91 said...

I'm sure you have never criticized a rugby player in your life. What a stupid comment. I have a right to say I think some of the celebrations are rubbish and if you disagree you have a right to say so too. That's how it works, get over it.

Anonymous September 06, 2010 7:17 pm

Whats with the dance haters? Even the All Blacks do a silly dance before every game. Ka Mate, Ka Mateeeeeeeeh Macarena!

Fullback September 06, 2010 7:28 pm

Anonymous, the Haka is not a display of poor sportsmanship, as are the over-the-top try celebrations. As it has been said, the silly NFL-style "I'm the greatest!" crap is not what rugby (or the Haka) is about - it's not all "me! me! me!". Rugby is a man's game. Real men know how to be good sports. The kind of stuff Masaga does is what little boys do.

As for being "stuck in the 50s", I'm not an old fart - I'm 23; I haven't known rugby outside of the professional era. I just appreciate what rugby is about, and excessive celebrations are not it.

Anonymous September 07, 2010 5:03 am

Well maybe your just a grumpy killjoy bastard then.

Anonymous September 07, 2010 12:07 pm