Ben Funnell slamming tackle on Hawkins

Ludovic Mercier crazy reverse pass

Brian O'Driscoll Breakdown Masterclass

Step and unbelievable dummy sets up try

Female Streaker has no regrets

Mike Brown's great try saving tackle

Cheslin Kolbe dazzling run, no look pass

Joe Marler and his unsual pets

One Year to Go 'til Rugby World Cup 2015

Friday, January 28, 2011

Clermont get the better of Racing Metro in the Top 14

Clermont get the better of Racing Metro in the Top 14

Clermont went joint second with Racing Metro on the Top 14 table when they beat them 31-15 at the Stade Marcel Michelin on Wednesday evening. There were some great tries scored including a moment of magic from scrumhalf Morgan Parra.

Points difference has meant that Clermont are now second on the table, with Toulouse now sitting comfortably at the top after their win over Montpellier. Clermont have only conceded ten tries this season, so Racing struggled to penetrate the line.

Theres no love lost between the two sides and this game lived up to the hype as the atmosphere in the Stade Marcel Michelin reflected. Gonzalo Canale scored a great try in the first half, before Vincent Debaty and Alexandre Lapandry scored in the second.

Morgan Parra, who kicked 16 points himself, produced some wonderful skill down the touchline for the Lapandry try. France are oozing talent at number nine currently, not a bad thing heading into the Six Nations.

Aurelien Rougerie said the controversy that had been brewing off the field leading up to the game didnt effect his side in the least bit.

"We had to come up with a big performance against Racing-Metro. We are satisfied to have won but the road is long and we have a lot more things to work on," he said.

Time: 03:07

Anonymous January 28, 2011 1:35 pm

I ove you morgan (parra)

Anonymous January 28, 2011 1:35 pm

I ove you morgan (parra)

Colombes January 28, 2011 2:07 pm

Disappointed that my team lost :(
but difficult to beat clermont in Michelin.

powerful pack for the jaunards and with parra, they have a perfect chief orchestra

Colombes January 28, 2011 2:07 pm

Disappointed that my team lost :(
but difficult to beat clermont in Michelin.

MaverickMak January 28, 2011 2:19 pm

That was brilliant from Parra!

MaverickMak January 28, 2011 2:19 pm

That was brilliant from Parra!

fab January 28, 2011 2:39 pm

Parra=awesome

fab January 28, 2011 2:39 pm

Parra=awesome

max January 28, 2011 2:41 pm

putain moi si on me disait "qui ne saute pas n'est pas auvergnat" je me foutrais de la glu sur les pompes!

max January 28, 2011 2:41 pm

EARugbyFan January 28, 2011 6:16 pm

There go the French playing club rugby again, putting a HUGE grin on my face.

That Atmosphere was fantastic.

EARugbyFan January 28, 2011 6:16 pm

There go the French playing club rugby again, putting a HUGE grin on my face.

That Atmosphere was fantastic.

EARugbyFan January 28, 2011 6:17 pm

...and so were the Skills.

EARugbyFan January 28, 2011 6:17 pm

...and so were the Skills.

Anonymous January 28, 2011 8:39 pm

The begining of the game was full of stupid fouls, especialy from racing metro: fillol should have been sent off for putting his finger in parra's eye and parra should have got a yellow card for punching him back in the nose.
Later it's francois stein who lifted malzieu and smashed him head first to the ground when he didn't even have the ball: straight red card.

Anonymous January 28, 2011 8:39 pm

orange January 28, 2011 9:13 pm

I love this site and I know it was a busy day of updates, so please forgive me for being the asshole to mention it...but there's a grammar mistake in the video summary. I'll leave it at that.

France may be "oozing talent" at scrumhalf, but I wish as much could be said with regards to finding a consistent flyhalf. They have many talented options, none of whom stand out it seems...

orange January 28, 2011 9:13 pm

Anonymous January 29, 2011 7:10 am

was that Juan Martin Hernandez at 10? havent seen him play in ages

Anonymous January 29, 2011 7:10 am

was that Juan Martin Hernandez at 10? havent seen him play in ages

Anonymous January 29, 2011 1:55 pm

Yes that was him. He is not yet on form, and will probably be back at 15 when Wisniewski will come back from suspension. Great talent anyway.
Thank you rugbydump, there was some good rugby in that game. Winter did not fit the top 14 well, and we did not see much free flowing rugby, but I bet we will see some nice games again at the end of the season.

Anonymous January 29, 2011 1:55 pm

Anonymous January 29, 2011 7:27 pm

Parra is up there with Genia and Fourie du Preez as the best scrum half in the world

Anonymous January 29, 2011 7:27 pm

Knstler January 31, 2011 8:12 am

I wish this were true "anonymous", but Parra is not comparable to Du Preez (the best by far) nor Genia. But great potential, he is a leader, smart and skilled.

Knstler January 31, 2011 8:12 am

Player January 31, 2011 10:55 am

download free rugby matches in HD and watch highlights online.only on http://rugbyaddictors.blogspot.com/

Player January 31, 2011 10:55 am