Bloody Florian Fritz returns to play

Toulon do the double with Top 14 win

Jebb Sinclair red card for leading elbow

England beat Baby Boks in JWC2014 final

Japanese player loses ball over tryline

Carlos Spencer & Stephen Larkham fight

Jason Rutledge's great tryline defence

Eddie Butler on Jonny Wilkinson career

Ma'afu banned for punch on Tom Youngs

Monday, May 09, 2011

Rugby Club Plays of the Week - Rounds 10 & 11

Rugby Club Plays of the Week - Rounds 10 & 11

You'll be pleased to know that there's lots happening behind the scenes here with Rugbydump. Unfortunately that's meant updates are a little slow at times, but we're working on it.

After a big weekend of games, the challenge is to cover all the best stuff, and maintain a standard that has been set over the years. Occasionally things slip, and other distractions come into play. In the grand scheme of things however, sometimes it's necessary, especially in a World Cup year when so much preparation is going into it from all angles.

So today we're going to catch up with some Plays of the Week from the Rugby Club in Australia, and then tomorrow and the rest of the week, get to covering everything else that's taken place over the past few days.

If you follow RD on Twitter and Facebook , you'll have seen a call for you to list the most interesting incident of the weekend that you think should be featured on the site. The responses have been good so far, so thanks to those who commented or tweeted. If you'd like to mention anything else, please make sure you're part of those platforms, or just leave a request here .

For now, it's over to Sean Maloney and the Fox Sports team for a few funny recaps from the last two rounds of Super Rugby action, rounds 10 and 11. Round 12 will be aired later in the week.

Thanks for the patience and understanding, and enjoy the clips.

Posted in Plays of the Week

Anonymous May 09, 2011 10:08 pm

First :P

Each week super 15 shows exactly what SUPER Rugby is, not just rugby.

Toby May 09, 2011 10:36 pm

God I hope Gareth Delve makes the Wales squad for the World Cup.

Anonymous May 09, 2011 11:02 pm

Who doesn't love a jolly fat man.

Anonymous May 09, 2011 11:49 pm

I love how every week on this show... they say something like "But the play/try/celebratio/hit goes to blah blah from the reds/tahs" - Just giving you the heads up rugby-club, there are teams outside of Australia playing in super rugby
:-)

They should have made a highligh package on Hosea Gear breaking coopers tackles time and time again... leading to the Hurricanes beating the reds!

Anonymous May 09, 2011 11:54 pm

It's an Australian show. It's not made for kiws or saffers. Deal with it.

JJ89 May 10, 2011 12:20 am

How the heck was that try given???

No.7 May 10, 2011 1:21 am

Actually, I thought Palu's tackle sucked... he didn't even keep hold of the guy, so technically the guy could have got right back up....

Out of the "bigger collisions" section there were far better hits than his...

Anonymous May 10, 2011 7:00 am

I feel the same. Thought O'Connor's tackle should've been the tackle of the week.

Anonymous May 10, 2011 7:16 am

@ Anon troll; thanks I do deal with it, its a great show! No need for the tough guy attitude, this is a blog for people that like rugby, not for internet-tough guys ;-)

Anonymous May 10, 2011 8:04 am

More dancing needed.

Anonymous May 10, 2011 9:29 am

Out of the "bigger collisions" section there were far better hits than his...

---

That's why it's not called "best text book tackles". Big hits and good tackles are two different things

Madflyhalf May 10, 2011 9:52 am

"What knockers!"

Anonymous May 10, 2011 10:06 am

yawn

Anonymous May 10, 2011 11:31 am

well done gareth delve show cips whos boss

katman May 10, 2011 1:11 pm

Coenie Oosthuizen: The Campese goosestep followed by the Free State sidestep.

moddeur May 10, 2011 3:47 pm

Is it me, or are a lot of the tries in these highlights scored from marginally forward passes? Not to take anything away from them, just wondering. On the angles we get, a lot of the passes look dodgy.

Juggernauter May 10, 2011 6:39 pm

These guys are si damn funny. And the old aussie ith glasses (dunno his name) looks to be the cast's bitch, first he got mocked with the "caterpillar" and now with those freakish noises...

Excellent show!

BTW, just found out that the PS3 rugby videogame will only be about the world cup... go to www.therugbyforum.com if you are interested.

Cheers

Anonymous May 10, 2011 9:21 pm

What a load of crap this plays of the week is. It just shows highlights of all the Aus games and nothing from NZ or SA and to top it off they only award the best tries and hits to...what a surprise...Aussie players! What a biased load of rubbish. Its no wonder rugby isn't popular in Aus when they're serving up this trash every week.

Anonymous May 10, 2011 11:04 pm

Yeah, becuase showing more kiwis and saffers would really boost the popularity of Australian rugby.
You nonce.

The Lord May 11, 2011 7:51 am

I danced in the morning when the world was young
I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun
I came down from heaven and I danced on the earth
At Bethlehem I had my birth

Dance, dance, wherever you may be
I am the lord of the dance, said he
And I lead you all, wherever you may be
And I lead you all in the dance, said he

I danced for the scribes and the Pharisees
They wouldn't dance, they wouldn't follow me
I danced for the fishermen James and John
They came with me so the dance went on

Dance, dance, wherever you may be
I am the lord of the dance, said he
And I lead you all, wherever you may be
And I lead you all in the dance, said he

Anonymous May 11, 2011 9:31 am

doesnt matter what anyone up here thinks, we have no chance at the RWC...these weekly highlight clips surely demostrates this. sorry.

Anonymous May 11, 2011 9:33 am

I was going to whinge that this show is biased towards aussies.....then I realised it's an aussie show and felt like a fuckwit.

eye-roll May 11, 2011 9:41 am

What this show needs to do is give the exact amount of time to each Super rugby team from each country and then commentators debate in a dry monotonous unbiased tone the try of the week and the tackle of the week. That would really be fun.

Nevermind the fact that it's an Australian show for Australian viewers.

mark May 11, 2011 12:00 pm

More rugby from Ireland please. Magners league, Heineken cup????

Anonymous May 11, 2011 1:31 pm

Why is the pic for this video a load of hideous transexuals?

Anonymous May 12, 2011 1:17 pm

As a Welshman, I'd just like to ask any Rebel's or Super Rugby fan's how he is getting on down there? I only get to see highlights here not having Sky and was just wondering, any response would be class.

Anonymous May 12, 2011 1:18 pm

Sorry i meant Delve for the above post. ^

Jimbo1 May 13, 2011 8:39 pm

Agree with No.7. Not the best tackle or the biggest hit! One thing I noticed when watching S15 at Twikers was the fact that the teams were happy to loose the ball by attempting something that could potentially result in a try. Leads to some fantastic breaks and accounts for so many turn overs and scramble defenses.