5 Biggest Hits of the Premiership season

James Haskell's wasp related banter

Huge crunching tackle on USA club rugby

Joe Marler and his unsual pets

Tameifuna's huge hit on Michael Hooper

Biggest Hits in World Rugby in August

Catch up with MND sufferering Bok legend

Ben Tameifuna banned for pushing referee

Cheslin Kolbe dazzling run, no look pass

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Rugby World Cup Daily - On the eve of the Final

The penultimate Rugby World Cup Daily show features the incredible Fan Cam, we get to see some former stars catching sheep, and hear from the All Blacks ahead of their game with France.

Posted in Rugby World Cup 2011

Donna Pickard October 22, 2011 9:28 pm

' The All Blacks" Play fair, play hard and give it your all ... Good luck guys xx

i love bacon October 22, 2011 10:00 pm

It's not often I say this, but come on France! Shut down Weepu and Cruden to keep the kiwis from playing expansive rugby or they'll tear you apart.

...who am I kidding, they probably still will.

TCCalvin October 23, 2011 11:03 am

Good to see the final epitomised the World Cup as a whole, boring, lacking in tries and decided by the ref.

Just Call Me Ehtch October 23, 2011 12:34 pm

Kiwis were arse nipping throughout this final, and it showed. Thought Craig Joubert was stronger than that, and above such nonsense, but let a lot black go, and penalised La France for just being there. IRB sponsered win.

If it was not pre-organised that NZ would win it, the taffies would have easily slaughtered this Kiwi side easily, if allowed to by the IRB and their great mate and out of surprise directives all of a sudden, via Rolland Rat.

I will ramp up my critisism of IRB, if they treat the WRU as they have been in reffing and things, and I will waste them. It is your choice IRB. War? You declare it budd.

Pretzel October 23, 2011 12:57 pm

Come on guys, I was rooting for france and i get that the AB's were lucky at the breakdown at times...but lets face it, they were favourites this whole competition, and we ALL (those of us with a brain) said it was their competition to lose....so really them winning was inevitable...

That said, I actually felt France put in a better performance and based on that game alone I felt france deserved the win. Then again the scoreline flattered france, if Weepu was on kicking form today it would have been another 8 points on top? (ish)

I'm with Pienaar on this one, it was just a great final, and the closenit games are what I want to see, so it was a big win either way for me!

Jim Manson October 23, 2011 1:02 pm

Game went exactly as I xpected - if France were still in it with 20/30 mins to go the All Blacks would choke, and choke they did. France not just the better side in the second half but the only side. NZ saved by a surprisingly poor display by a referee I have always rated - clearly influenced by the venue, crowd and hype, Absolute certain pen on the NZ 22 at the breakdown with about 5 to go, but Joubert did not have the bottle to give it.

France did not deserve to win the World Cup on their displays in the whole tournament but they did deserve to win this match.

TCCalvin October 23, 2011 1:11 pm

Where was the bonertastic running Super Rugby people wank about for half of the year? I thought they could do it against any defence?

New Zealand scraped a win with a try by a prop, haha.

SharkAttack October 23, 2011 1:16 pm

All in all not one of the better world cups, the IRB have a hugh amount of issues to sort out.
In the end though the kiwis deserved it more but the big winner is commercialism

Tikoala October 23, 2011 1:50 pm

Very proud of my team and my country, and it's not NZ but France !
I think we shut the mouths of a lot of people on this one. The ABs deserve to win for what they did the last 4 years but they certainly not deserve to win this one !
Remake of France-Wales, except the refering part was outrageous, back in the 90s old days ...

Special thanks to richie Mac Dive for his impunnity and his hit on the face of Parra with his knee, and after you call this the best player of the world, the biggest shame you mean

Go France ! ABs stay with your sheeps !

Just Call Me Ehtch October 23, 2011 1:51 pm

Vous avez joué le mieux, mais il ne devait pas être, un jour. Il a été décidé auparavant.

Maximus October 23, 2011 2:31 pm

There is no shame being beaten by the All Blacks, especially after the way they've played these last years and during the Cup.
This week Henry said the ABs liked playing when Joubert was the referee and I understand why today. Only one penalty against the ABs within kicking distance (49m)? Yeah, right...
Let's say that the tournament was for the ABs and the final should have been for the French.
"The worst rugby team" (as labelled by the NZ Herald) was one point short of the best rugby team, which partly played with the ref. No bad hey?
Hope the IRB will, one day, take a look at itself. It's the World Cup Final we are talking about, not some 12th league remote division ffs... I mean, EVERYBODY SEES IT!
Congrats to the ABs anyway, the men played their match and probably doubted for the 1st time. Well done France, grabbing the Cup in Auckland would certainly have been the best title ever.

mbdefon October 23, 2011 2:37 pm

one bloody point...

Just Call Me Ehtch October 23, 2011 3:10 pm

Many Welsh, ex-armed forces, joined these lads, after when got at home and were going nowhere in our pathetic UK, out. Didn't see many that stuck their tongues out there though. WANKERS! Dance on my grave then, pacific self-attentioners. Maoris get me, really stuck up themselves..

Taffies joined are now called Jean, since they need to change their name to join.

Just Call Me Ehtch October 23, 2011 3:32 pm

ok, maybe on rugger La France vee Kiwis I may have crossed the line. For all the Jean's looking here, Eve and Angharad - nine inch of nails, for you, closer than for rest of us, very much closer, FFL,

Strength together.

mbdefon October 23, 2011 3:50 pm

France made the All Blacks look smaller than they expected.

Sangdue January 14, 2012 2:23 pm

Remember that the All Blacks beat France two times this world cup...so 2/2 makes a winner...?