Schalk Brits runs into Wayne Barness

Henry Tuilagi swats Zee Ngwenya away

Random great tries from 2008

The Top 5 Crazy Cards of All Time

Japanese swallow dive try blooper

Sebastien Chabal knocks out Marc Giraud

Buck Shelford tribute

Massive try saving hit by Israel No.8

Rupeni Caucau try and nice assist

Friday, October 28, 2011

This is the game - A breakdown of the 2011 Rugby World Cup

Will Carling, Zinzan Brooke, Rob Henderson, Scott Quinnell, and Matt Burke are back for the final episode of TITG to discuss the final of the Rugby World Cup, and which other moments stood out for them. It was an interesting discussion, with all the usual banter.

Depending on which side of the fence you sit, this RWC was either thoroughly enjoyable, or fairly disappointing. Taking your teams performance out of the equation, what were the stand out moments for you? The guys on the panel go through theirs.

The topic of France naturally came up, as nobody ever expected them to make the final based on their form, but once there, they were just a few points away from upsetting New Zealand yet again and becoming World Champions. Tonga beating them proved to be a favourite moment for many though.

Zinzan Brooke, champion in 1987, explains how things have changed since then and that there were no victory parades or organised events. They also went to work on the Monday morning, unlike the class of 2011, who are still out partying as they've had a week of taking the cup around the country.

Matt Burke also recounts a hilarious story about Stephen Larkham, who so famously got his team into the final in 1999 - also against France - by beating the Springboks for a shock 40m dropgoal. There's a few other great stories and comments too. It's an enjoyable breakdown of the RWC.

For more insights and analysis from the Heineken Ambassadors into Rugby World Cup 2011 in New Zealand, please visit www.thisisthegame.com.

Rugby World Cup Winners - New Zealand 1987

Posted in Rugby World Cup 2011

Pretzel October 28, 2011 10:59 pm

I think everyone is quite happy for the NZ'ers, especially seeing as they have manned up and admitted they were nearly screwed by the French, but the questions this RWC has raised about the IRB etc, and everything is a little alarming.

However what are we supposed to do? the French did advance beyond the halfway mark...should we say it doesn't matter unless they "touch" an opposition player?

breakaway October 29, 2011 2:28 am

A bit of good humour and reality, a nice antidote to some of the bitterness and rubbish that's been going round.

Just Call Me Ehtch October 30, 2011 5:32 am

Used to play cricket with a bloke that was sister that Zinzan went out with. Did she become your wife Zinzan? Is Ian Roberts your now brother in law, or was he talking bollocks to me then, Zinzan? I am talking the brilliant Selsdon Cricket Club here, which I am still a life member, a lifies member, as you are, when you pay crickers for Selsdon CC.

Just Call Me Ehtch October 30, 2011 5:59 am

Bonie remembered and Selsldon. Great small cricket club.

Guyana, England and everything.

Just Call Me Ehtch October 30, 2011 6:06 am

oh fuckkkkk SELSDON even, what is wrong with this site. I spend ten minutes posting a message and it fucks off when I hit post fecking comment!
As many sites, there are background pricks, and I have already this place found, and this lot. As if an information technology degree results that you can rule the Earth!?!
Food on the table lads, food on the table. Where does it come from? Don't get above yourselves.

Just Call Me Ehtch October 30, 2011 6:14 am

Anyway, a song for the Shivmangels of Selsdon Cricket Club, near Croydon, must remembered, as well as my whitey great english friends, public shool and all, oh yes,

Just Call Me ehtch October 30, 2011 6:53 am

Daughter my daughter to run competetivel when she was she was six, if she could beat me running around the eighteen yard box while I run around the whole pitch - I made sure it was a dead heat for a long while, until she could obviously beat me. So I said, You run around half the pitch, and I will run around twice, she was about eight now, and surprisingly, by nine she was faster than me in that race.

She now dives around the World, yes undersea, hugging turtles and things, tourist things at the moment. 21 next February. By the way, when she was eight, she beat me in the pool at a 25m sprint, and I was well embarressed.

Just Call Me Ehtch October 30, 2011 6:58 am

Just Call Me Ehtch October 30, 2011 12:46 pm

OOPS-repeat, like the old days BBC. More usual these days, I say again, more usual these day, more usual these days..... multiplied....

Pretzel October 30, 2011 7:26 pm

@just call me ehtch

NO ONE GIVES A SHIT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING, SHUT THE FUCK UP, WHY ON EVERY FRIGGING RD VIDEO OF LATE DOES THERE HAVE TO BE ABOUT 7 COMMENTS FROM JUST YOU SPOUTING VERBAL DIARRHEA. DO YOU TALK IN YOUR SLEEP?!?!?! YOU NEVER SHUT UP AND POST BULLSHIT RUBBISH LINKS, YOUR STORIES ARE BORING AS FUCK AND YOU APPEAR TO HAVE NO LIFE!

Just Call Me Ehtch October 31, 2011 5:40 pm

calm down pretzel - so you have noticed I am a bit "different". But you are spot on about me. I will try and be more normal. All the best friend for the advice. I will work on it, very hard.

Some people take me with a pinch of salt, some do not, as I have found throughout my life.

If I start spouting poetry, then you will have problems here, eternally .... : )
Peace bro, and so.

Just Call Me Ehtch October 31, 2011 7:09 pm

Anway pretzel, a yootoob vid to really spook you out, from Sydney, NSW, Oz, from 1973, that "might" explain myself to you, thinking out of the box, and all that. Oz who we played well for turd/fourth, but it wasn't to be a win... Enjoy Pretzel - hope you can sleep well tonight after watching my old mates here. : )

Just Call Me Ehtch November 01, 2011 3:51 am

Just to even more welsh spook you, Pretzel, Evie singing in the snow, which yanks have experienced last couple of days, which is a sign when they get it early, it'll be coming over here in our winter, oh yes,
Evie fach, fy mlodyn bach wen hyfryd.

Just Call Me Ehtch November 01, 2011 4:15 am

To spook you even more Pretzel, Gilbert and George from 2009 on the radio,
Art I have tried to put back into welsh rugby, in all forms, and my message is getting through, as you might have noticed in the free spirit welsh young lads playing in the recent World Cup. Art is when you step onto a rugby pitch. Art is the two step side step you try on the pitch, as found by Spikey Mike's two tries that he ghouled through the backline in front of him.

Just Call Me Ehtch November 01, 2011 4:44 am

"not defending our fears, but finding new ones we haven't thought of"
WELSH FUTURE RUGBY
psycho babble is the future, with art.

Pretzel November 02, 2011 3:40 pm

again, shut the fuck up...

Rugbydump October 30, 2011 8:00 pm

Please take it down a notch Just Call Me Ehtch. Keep it on topic if possible. Cheers

Just Call Me Ehtch October 31, 2011 3:51 pm

Apols - did go well well off topic there. No idea now what point I was trying to make. My apologies.