Alesana Tuilagi trademark crunching hit

Great sportsmanship from young 7's man

De Villiers injury might mean no RWC2015

WIN Rugby Union Team Manager 2015!

Lee Jones makes huge trysaving tackle

Barbarians run riot vs Leicester Tigers

Teddy Thomas incredible solo effort

Brad Barritt happy to put body on line

Sam Warburton's possession Masterclass

Monday, August 06, 2012

The Chiefs victory wardance after their Super Rugby title win

JG August 07, 2012 5:48 am

I was hoping RD would put this up, sent shivers up my spine when I saw it on the TV.

UpandAway August 07, 2012 12:04 pm

That was AWESOME

Morgy1 August 07, 2012 1:09 pm

All a bit embarrasing really and not really rugby in my book. Sure, no one begrudges a celebration but all this `once we were warriors' crap seems increasingly out of touch with the modern game. Whats wrong with the more you know the less you show? Be warned, us Englishman have a pretty mean morriss dance if the situation ever arises to use it.

JG August 07, 2012 9:51 pm

It's called culture, every country has their own unique identity. You should check it out sometime.

The Green Mafia August 07, 2012 11:44 pm

Don't be so bloody sour, morgy. Why shouldn't they be allowed to do their dance? It's tradition, and it ads to the spectacle. Anthems are a tradition too, no? You think test players would forget they were playing for their countries or that spectators would not know which nations were playing without the anthems? I love hearing the french anthem, same goes for the scotish and welsh.

And as for the haka (and cipi tau and all the other wardances), they are one hell of a show. As a portuguese and a rugby player myself, I got to know some of the portuguese 2007 campaigners that played for my club and they are all unanimous in saying that facing the haka was one of the best moments of their careers and that it fired them up almost as much as it does the kiwis. Who hasn't heard a tape of the haka as a warm up to a match? Just because one has grown sour with time and stoped apreciating the magic in rugby (be it on or off the padock), probably because you've grown acustomed to them doens't mean that all those little moments aren't great.

Morgy1 August 08, 2012 1:27 pm

I totally agree with you; the traditions of anthems and pre-match haka's is a wonderful part of our beloved game and I have no problem with that at all. The Haka sends shivers up my spine and I never tire of watching it. I just dont think that rugby players should perfrom a post game celebration war dance. I belive that an actual game of rugby is as close to controlled war fare as you can get in any sport, which is why when the final whistle goes, everyone shifts emphasis onto respect and the friendship that exists in the brotherhood of rugby.

BOPSteamers August 28, 2012 11:09 am

Its not a celebration Morgy, its an insight into the area of nz they represent...The Chiefs region is probably the Maori epicentre of New Zealand its a bit of a thank you to their supporters...generally its a private thing for themselves but they unveiled it to show what the win and the people of the area mean to them...And who are you to be embarrassed? Your clearly not kiwi and clearly not maori and they're not doing it for you...Your ignorance would have to be the embarassment.

rugby08 August 08, 2012 2:49 pm

It's all for the TV boys...

Justin Morrison August 09, 2012 6:32 am

Great to see Cruden up front. Aside from being a rare talent, he's proved himself a true gent this past season. Looking forward to watching him rise and rise in coming seasons.

Adakins August 09, 2012 12:39 pm

It wasnt just a war dance, it was a thank you to the fans and supporters who have been behind the chiefs all year. This is the Chiefs personal Haka and they will only ever use it in occasions like this or when a player leaves the squad (which will be done behind closed doors). This will probably be the only time you see this on tv, so get over it.

read that it might educate you a little more!