Ben Funnell slamming tackle on Hawkins

Female Streaker has no regrets

Why you should always tackle low

Ludovic Mercier crazy reverse pass

Streaker starts mass brawl after tackle

Richard Hibbard & Kalamafoni double hit

Springboks edge All Blacks in thriller

Ben Flower red card for vicious punches

WIN Rugby Speaker of the Year tickets!

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

England vs South Africa Highlights - November 2012

Highlights wrap of South Africa's 16-15 win over England at Twickenham on Saturday

View the full match

Time: 03:00
Credit: RFU

Posted at 9:26 am | 9 comments

England vs South Africa November 2012 - Full Match

Posted in End of Year Tours 2012

dave November 28, 2012 12:57 am

im really impressed by the springboks, for a team that doesn't know how to play rugby they really seem to win games, who woud have though that you can mutilate the game of rugby in a precise way which allows you to win except against the All Backs (no typo)

14thMonkey November 28, 2012 9:08 am

Well said david
though a try was inevitable from the boks - just pitty they did not go for more.
England looking more dangerous - some cleaver play - running obstruction and off the ball antics - just what you need to do to get a bok off the park.

beast4president November 28, 2012 7:28 pm

Dave: Firstly let me congratulate you on your effort with spelling in the English language. Secondly, your obvious shots at the Springboks would make me assume that you were on the losing end over the weekend- maybe next time my friend. But should you lose again (when most of our squad are match fit and recovered from injury) I would hope that you would not blame your loss on the Springboks 'mutilating the game of rugby' or make outrageous claims that they don't know how to play rugby when we all know that you don't win two world cups and go unbeaten in the British Isles without knowing a thing or two about a game invented in England (doesn't show). Toodles

14thMonkey November 28, 2012 8:38 pm

@beast not sure about you but after seeing the talent on show in the super 15 why dont we dazzle like that as Springboks. Love the fact we won but just wish we could be a bit more consistent. A lot to be said about injuries as a few key players out.

dave November 29, 2012 5:55 am

well that's the beauty of it, they impress me because they know how to win without knowing how to play, beautiful butchering of the game, good job there you south africans

such talent

klaphullebokke November 29, 2012 2:53 pm

@dave

Bitterness will you get you nowhere my friend; it's not the right mentality. Anyone who watched the game will have surely realised that we were lucky. That said, Corbisiero was allowed to get away with murder in the scrum against Jannie by driving inwards; I'm not complaining, just stating that Nigel missed a rather crucial -- consistenly repeated -- infringement which benefited England a great deal. I could also go on about our massive injury list, but I don't buy into that as an exscuse for a poor performance after a long, hard, season.

Your sarcastic comment about SA rugby talent is very short-sighted my friend. It's a simple fact that South Africa have bags more players -- you do the maths. If only SARU could manage them properly that would be great.

It never looks as pretty when you lose. But the bokke won -- beatiful. But I am the first to admit that when the All Blacks dominated us in the last match of the Championship they played fantastic rugby.

Don't get me wrong: I love English rugby; I love watching Mike Brown play; I enjoy going and watching the local games -- there is a helluva a lot of talent not used correctly.

Your English is beautiful by the way. Your attitude needs improvement.

All the best :-). I can't wait for the Lion's tour to begin; I think they can/will beat Australia.

rugbyurge November 29, 2012 1:53 am

Best4president, you have nailed it on the head.

Dave- I am not sure what you mean by mutilating the game?
If you could provide examples based on the game, perhaps then i would take that comment seriously.
The only thing that was mutilated was the England's ability to attack.

On a side note- Terrible decision making by the English captain, clearly realised the Springbok defence was far too good.

james November 29, 2012 8:33 pm

Everyone is taking jabs at Robshaw but that was a a tough call either way at the end, I read an article saying that he wasn't being considered for the Lions because he isn't a pure 7, if true then Gatland is a dumbass because Robshaw should at the least be considered for the blindside back up role for the Lions, Robshaw fills up the tackling, carrying, forcing turnover stats like a ninja and he never gasses out , this guy is a serious player

LondonBokJozi December 06, 2012 11:50 am

We were poor but we defended. England are not good enough because we were there for the taking. England need to learn to be clinical. They are trying an expansive game beyond their capabilities. Even after the NZ result where the AB's obviously took their foot off the gas. England have lots of work to do.