Ben Flower red card for vicious punches

Why you should always tackle low

Ben Tameifuna massive fend on huge prop

Brian O'Driscoll Breakdown Masterclass

Ben Funnell slamming tackle on Hawkins

Streaker starts mass brawl after tackle

Southland sensational try after big bump

Sam Burgess breaks cheekbone, plays on

Prop lays into fullback with big shot

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Midweek Madness - Twickenham Streaker dots down beneath the posts

There is something strangely amusing about seeing someone take off all their clothes and run across a sports field in front of literally thousands of spectators. So here's a look at what happened at Twickenham on Sunday, when England hosted the Barbarians.

Dares and alcohol are usually involved, as the ballsy individual picks his path then makes a break for it. Danny Howard did exactly that, stripping off then sprinting downfield on his glory run.

As he reached the halfway line untouched, and play continued, the confidence seemed to grow.

There was even a Delon Armitage (0:15) as a security steward failed to catch him. With the tryline in sight, he delighted the crowd with an inside swerve the likes of Christian Wade, if he wasn't looking the other way, would have been impressed with.

"Greatest try of my life!! Sorry if I offended anyone! All for a good laugh!!" he commented later.

It wasn't all plain sailing though, as after his rash splash he was fined. And he lost his sunglasses.

"Got arrested, held and fined. Coppers were real nice about it to be fair. Lost my sunnies tho!

"I got very lucky [to not be fined heavily] cause of loads of little things, like not getting naked until I was on the pitch and away from the public, not touching any players or stewards and just stopped once I got to the other side! Stewards hated it, police saw the funny side," he explained.

There have been a few videos of the streak going around, but this one below shows the epic nature of the sprint from right the way across the field, and it's a bit different. We'd never encourage or condone it (especially if you're male), but when it happens, it's pretty funny to watch.

Credit to KirethArt for the full HD, custom music experience. You can view another angle here.

Credit: KirethArt

Page: 12View All

England thump the Barbarians at Twickenham

Bath's Olly Barkley sorts out a transvestite pitch invader

Prancing 'streaker' gets nailed by security

Posted in Funnies

Sevenfold May 29, 2013 10:40 pm

certainly a rugger, look at his serious stepping skills lol.

Jamie May 29, 2013 10:46 pm

Absolute genius. Quality lad

John Carson May 29, 2013 10:48 pm

Hey guys, firstly just want to say I'm a huge fan of RD, been coming on here daily since the old TRSB days. Keep up the good work, really nothing else like RD on the Web.

I've been lucky enough to be in the final few in a competition to go on the lions tour this year. I'd really appreciate it if you could take literally two seconds to vote for me. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity to go on a lions tour and I don't want to pass it up. My names John Carson, thanks very much and keep up the good work! cheers

Guy May 30, 2013 11:08 am

You've got my vote. Good luck, hope you win!

Carson1091 May 30, 2013 12:23 pm

Thank you very much. Really appreciate the support!

kadova June 01, 2013 2:58 am

Voted for you !

JG May 29, 2013 10:56 pm

If I was the security, I'd be taking him down that tunnel to the right of screen and throwing him on the street exactly the same way he is dressed. If he thinks it is appropriate to do that in front of hundreds of children, then he can do it on the public streets.

poccio May 29, 2013 11:13 pm

oh lighten up will you! first of all streaking is a part of rugby, a really old tradition. second bringing children into the argument makes you sound like Helen Lovejoy, and makes no sense since children are not at all put off by seeing a naked human body, his dangly bits are barley visible from the stands (as anybodys would be) and it's not sexual at all. really man get over yourself! IMHO a fine should probably be ok (just to stop ppl doing it all the time), but really arrests and bans from stadiums are ridiculus in these cases.

View Video

JG May 30, 2013 11:03 am

If you're into letting your children see naked men, that is a matter between you and the justice system. It's not part of rugby, rugby is part of rugby, streaking is part of stupid drunk idiots who have zero care about those around them, and I don't have to like it or lighten up on this topic just because there are those who don't care.

stroudos May 30, 2013 1:12 pm

Nice one Howard.

RD, I think you need to introduce a "dislike" button! I reckon JG would be into triple figures by now.

browner May 30, 2013 4:45 pm

Agree....... a dislike button valuable indicator when someone is way off the mark

DanKnapp May 30, 2013 1:44 pm

I remember how once, as a boy, I saw my father taking his clothes off. I think it really affected me. Now I tend to be naked at least twice a day. I'm ashamed to admit it, but sometimes I actually prefer to be naked, like when I'm having a shower. Is there something wrong with me? I would sometimes get changed in front of other men, and they in front of me, and it just seemed so normal and unremarkable. Perhaps the damage is permanent.

What's worse is that my mother used to take her clothes off, to go into the bath and stuff, and me AND my sister used to see it.

Sadly now, as adults, we have a horribly relaxed image of the human body. I blame my parents. I just hope that by ensuring my children never see me naked, and instead only seeing nakedness as it is presented in glossy fashion magazines, they'll have a healthy understanding of how God intended us to live - as air-brushed, half-starved, hairless creatures, who are deeply ashamed of our bodies and loathe ourselves.

JG, do you think you could recommend a good solicitor? This moral outrage has to stop!

Thebar May 30, 2013 8:17 pm

Hilarious post. I had something similar but my stupid phone spazzednout.

JG you sir are everything that is wrong with modern society today.

Go home.
P.s by the sounds of it I don't think you'd meet the criteria needed be a security guard so your "if I was the security" comment is irrelevant.

DanKnapp May 31, 2013 9:07 am

"JG you sir are everything that is wrong with modern society today."

Christ, does JG work for a bank with toxic assets? Does he sanction the invasion of nations without sufficient proof? Is he a militant fundamentalist? Does he believe that by slashing public services the 'Big Society' will jump in? Does he claim benefits, while sitting at home beating his kids?

What a bastard.

DrG May 31, 2013 11:11 am

JG, simple answer, don't take your kids to the game, and don't let them watch it...

bye bye now..

matt May 30, 2013 12:08 am

Probably one of the reasons why you don't work in security then isnt it

Ben May 30, 2013 12:57 am

Boring! Bet you're a lot of fun

JG May 30, 2013 11:08 am

Ben May 30, 2013 11:30 am

Not tryng to be nasty or anything but kids will think you're fun if you let them ride on your shoulders for 5 minutes, ie it's not hard to please a kid, especially your own. Considering i'm only 20 maybe i'm not jaded enough to have your opinion but i have a lot of respect for someone who is prepared to drop his/her clothes and run into the middle of a crowd of 80,000. When was the last time you ever ran anywhere naked, it's great! Don't knock it before you try it and, as stated before, children are not going to be offended by seeing genitals, they all have thier own.

DanKnapp May 30, 2013 1:46 pm

WHAT?! Who the hell in their right mind is giving our young people genitals before they have the screwed up mentality to fear them properly?! I blame the school teachers.

stroudos May 30, 2013 12:56 pm

Looks to me like JG is protesting a bit too much!! Classic case of covering up one's own insecurities, if you ask me. I can only surmise from the over-the-top reaction that you're feeling guilty about how watching that naked man gave you an uncomfortable stirring in your loins. Either that or you're just incredibly dull. Or trolling or course...

Thebar May 30, 2013 8:21 pm

You have kids? Then that must mean... you have a wife..
How's the romance going there? Filling out a risk assessment before bed?

I say this total respect of you as a human being but I question your parenting skills. No doubt you shower in speedos.

DrG May 31, 2013 11:19 am

"Actually, yes, my kids think so. Still trying to work out though how you think letting kids see a naked drunk man run across a rugby field could be your definition of fun?"

Easy answer JG:

"Oh dear, look at that silly man, now he is going to be kicked out the game and miss it, all because he was so silly."

Unless a streaker is hung like a horse (or me), or you have a pair of binoculars, you're not going to see much more than is often revealed in a dodgy tackle:

Or EVEN naughty Donnacha:

Thebar May 30, 2013 8:07 pm

Are you for real bro?
It's people like you that are damaging the game, with your ridiculous over reactions.
Rugby is a game that you play for fun and you form friendships growing up that will never be broken.
Drinking is part of rugby, infact a part of sports culture and anyone who says otherwise is no rugby player.

Also it's not like its a big deal really.!i'm sure if you did a survey for every child present that saw such a heinous crime. whether or not they laughed or were emotionally scarred you'd have a landslide.

In short nobody wants to read your pathetic views.
Come back when you understand the world you live in.

Miler May 29, 2013 11:08 pm

Great finish to cap off a dashing burst

SlimJim May 29, 2013 11:41 pm

JG get a life

matt May 30, 2013 12:09 am

I love the way he curls up, expecting a beating for some reason?

Guest May 30, 2013 1:16 am

Haha "especially if you're male" brilliant! shame some feminist will probably find that and get RD taken off the internet for spreading hate or something

cheyanqui May 30, 2013 4:41 am

If only Bill McLaren were still alive to give the commentary, especially on those side-steps.

Twickenham hasn't seen cuts like than since Jason Robinson.

guest40 May 30, 2013 4:41 am

I am a female I have no issue! I recall as a child watching Erica Rose and numerous other streakers never did me any harm! I love rugby, to me it is a part of the game as a chicken on the pitch at the french game.
It is amusing ! It wasn't shown on tv coverage and I am pretty sure that a parent not wanting a child to see could cover their eyes for the two minutes it takes to complete the "incident"!
Rugby is brilliant ! Can you imagine the result if it were football ?? heaven forbid

joeythelemur May 30, 2013 7:04 am

"...as the ballsy individual picks his path..."

RD, I see what you did there. ;-)

Shauno May 30, 2013 7:40 am

Always was and always will be entertaining. A fine yes (which should be donated to a good cause), but absolutely nothing more. As for the kids...I've been watching streakers on rugby and cricket fields since I can remember and it definitely did no harm....au contraire, it was at times the most entertaining part of a 90min borefest...

Good stepping Danny!

beerholder May 30, 2013 8:41 am

The TMO confirmed he grounded both balls :)))

Guy May 30, 2013 10:38 am

Part of me wishes I had the balls to do that. Great piece of rugby folklore, thaks for posting it RD!

LD May 30, 2013 11:28 am

You are completely wrong about it being illegal for children to see naked adults. Ever heard of nudists? As a child I used to go to the Middlesex 7s and saw countless streakers over the years. Maybe you should lighten up a bit.

Magic Nine May 30, 2013 12:46 pm

@JG - i don't know how many people have viewed your comments or even the video, but NO ONE agrees with you. You should work for the fun police. You could sign your kids up too

george May 30, 2013 12:58 pm

JG I feel sorry for your kids. How deprived does your childhood have to be for you to develop into such a square, narrow minded individual. What do you do when you take your kids swimming?

LAD May 30, 2013 1:04 pm

Need him for my sevens team! That step second to none haha, old show and go. JG you can play too you can be the w w w watterrbooyy and fill the bottles up with your tears haha.
WHAT A LAD.

stroudos May 30, 2013 1:09 pm

Finally! So refreshing to see a proper old-school streaker instead of these pathetic "pitch invaders", poncing about in coats and scarves and silly hats. And to cap it off he nails the try too! Haven't seen "defenders" sent sprawling across the turf grasping at thin air since that classic Jason Robinson try against France (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzWMinnCk8A).

Good lad.

TotesMcGoates May 30, 2013 2:19 pm

To paraphrase a commenter from the Force/Crusaders clip from a few weeks back:
Pitch invaders = idiots
Streakers = hilarious!!!

Nickorando May 30, 2013 2:56 pm

I was there with my son - I have to say we found the streaker a lot more entertaining than pretty much anything that happened in the first half (although the second half was better, and there was even a decent England attack going on at the time). His evasion was fantastic - the stewards were right on him, but he got away from them. And a great dive, too.

browner May 30, 2013 4:53 pm

Most people are missing the real hero ...... The streaker was clearly an athlete, intent on having his moment, & the outward curve of a run had me remembering Guscott in full flow ..... however the really impressive run was by the steward who almost kept up with starkersman , this steward had only come to work to ogle at the totty in the front row...great effort Mr

However the Stewart that went crashing to ground committed himself unnecessarily - he had cover on the outside , poor defence, sack him !

Guest X May 30, 2013 9:16 pm

JG: this guy is my mate and i was with him, he wasn't drunk, he was just bored of the match which in hindsight was fairly boring...

and playing rugby with him over the last few years, he has never produced any speed or footwork like that! he just waited till he was on the big stage to perform.

Tilson May 30, 2013 9:18 pm

Not the best of dives....not ashton level yet :P

jimmys May 30, 2013 11:58 pm

It's good - but not quite as good as this.....

View Video

Rugbydump May 31, 2013 4:01 pm

Who could forget the Saunders Splash!

gammers May 30, 2013 11:59 pm

This whole message thread just made me register, it's hilarious!! I was at the game and everyone was talking about the running skills and side step of the naked dude....that was definitely some good streaking skills.

Rugbydump May 31, 2013 4:01 pm

Welcome, gammers!

Sugarlump May 31, 2013 1:44 am

JG showers alone :¬/

Hornshizzler May 31, 2013 6:43 am

Absolute Legend, with that step he should be on standby for a Lions replacement call up

DrG May 31, 2013 11:30 am

@ JG

Never take your kids to the Hong Kong 7's... I grew up watching that every year and honestly you've probably never seen so many drunken streakers in your life! It's hilarious actually, the streakers used to run around, with the stewards trying to hammer them with monster tackles..

(other sevens are probably the same, but I only ever saw the HK 7's)

Dazza May 31, 2013 2:55 pm

JG

As a parent I don't really see where you're coming from. I'm a 39 year old man with two boys under 5 years old I think you're underestimating the humour of seeing a drunk man (we're assuming he's drunk I guess) running across the pitch, making the security look slow and woefully unprepared. My kids think it's funny just to see me run round the house naked just to get in the bath. And they both laugh hysterically at each other running around naked after escaping the clutches of their mother whilst she attempts to dry them off. Lighten up and live man!

WRFC May 31, 2013 6:39 pm

We have a naked snow race every ear when there's snow. The whole club participate and my kids think its the funniest thing ever

dave May 31, 2013 6:41 pm

this guy should play for england, this guy could take ashton job right now

Danny Howard June 02, 2013 6:08 am

I'm the lad who streaked and I'm loving all these comments! Your all top lads and obviously understand the true banter of rugby! I must say it was the best run & try I've ever done, you really can run none stop when drunk!

@JG - I didn't mean to offend anyone, however you have been ruined in this comment train! Even the police, the people that are meant to operate by the law and be all serious, saw the funny side of it, lighten up! Your prob just jealous you couldn't get over the barrier to get on the pitch.

@ Everyone else, QUALITY! RugbyLADS

Battle Dwarf June 04, 2013 8:18 pm

Finally someone who gave something to do to stewards. Well done!

This is professional Streaking. He picked up the right channel, great line...then fixed the opponents in the 22 and cut inside, great finish.

@beerholder thank you for that, I couldn't see that from my angle. best comment ever!!!

@HowardTheDuck. Being a duck, you should work more on the goose step! thank you.

Philbilt June 09, 2013 9:27 pm

I Was at this game, the loudest cheer of the game was when the streaker got on the pitch, it was deafenning!!