The Top 5 Schoolboy Prodigies

Southland sensational try after big bump

Streaker starts mass brawl after tackle

Samu Manoa Huge Hit on Billy Twelvetrees

Ben Funnell slamming tackle on Hawkins

The Human Hurdle Attempt

Why you should always tackle low

Step and unbelievable dummy sets up try

Ludovic Mercier crazy reverse pass

Monday, December 02, 2013

Nick 'Honey Badger' Cummins interviews Wallaby players after Wales win

Wallaby winger Nick Cummins was on fine form with the mic again as he interviewed his team mates following victory over Wales in Cardiff on Saturday. Will Genia mentions his dropped ball in front of an open tryline, and Christian Lealiifano talks goal kicking.

Cummins wasn't able to grab any 'meat', but played his role in what was a great performance away from home for a team that has had it's ups and downs in 2013.

They ended the tour with four wins from five matches, after having lost to England first up, but then beaten Ireland, Scotland, Italy and Wales.

The Wallabies end the year firmly in third place on the official IRB World Rankings.

Honey Badger Nick Cummins smashes Nick Reily

Posted in Funnies

matt December 02, 2013 6:51 pm

I like watching Cummins play, but he seriously needs to sort his hair out. Just be normal.

Also, Genia looked like a little child hugging Folau

DrG December 04, 2013 12:00 am

Yes be normal... every player should have a jarhead haircut...

matt December 04, 2013 12:14 am

There is plenty of variety in between jarheads and whatever that is.
I just find it difficult to take him seriously as a player or an athlete looking the way he does.

Full Back December 04, 2013 10:10 am

that's a bit of a limit on your part there Matt. I'm guessing you have a hard time taking Ma Nonu seriously aswell then....or is his style ok for you? I mean his eyebrow is a bit weird....

DrG December 04, 2013 1:35 pm

To be fair...Nonu's eyebrow is a bit weird lol...

matt December 04, 2013 11:23 pm

Ha, his eye brow is weird, and that alone makes it difficult for me to take him seriously. At least Nonu's hair is done in a style, it is not a style that would suit a lot of people, but there is a plan going on, where as Cummins is just a mess. This is no way detracts from my rating of these two as rugby players, I just think that if I were Australian I might be a bit annoyed that he shows up to represent his country looking like dog.
God I sound old

Steamer December 05, 2013 4:36 am

You sound like a twat is what you sound like...I don't think anyone cares if you take him seriously....thank god there are people who are different. We call these people characters. We need them in our game particularly so we don't have boring prudes like you.

matt December 05, 2013 9:54 am

Whatever, I'll do my best not to share my opinions any more so that I don't annoy you.

DrG December 05, 2013 11:44 am

Cummins "style" is a retro 70's look.. I dig it personally, but then each to their own. How players look doesn't often bother me. You've got those who have short back and side (Ashton, Bieber O'Connor), then you have cavemen (Chabal), then you have those bolder than an eagle (Sharpie)...and everything else in between...

dave December 06, 2013 9:19 pm

are you seriously going on about somone's hair?
you're either clive woodward or a women
let us be free of this "women talk"

JonnyBoy December 02, 2013 11:19 pm

Cummins' interviews post-match are legendary. Best quote is "I was sweating like a gypsy with a mortgage"... hero

Schultz December 03, 2013 3:24 pm

It wasnt "him" that was sweating, it was one of the back row after running in from half way or so, so the actual quote was "he was sweating......"

I think the tape of it is in plays from week 12 or 13, either ay a brilliant line.

Juggernauter December 03, 2013 7:15 pm

He was talking about Ben McCalman haha

Canadian content December 03, 2013 12:48 am

I'd die to have that dudes hair! Me of the thin and receding variety. This reminds me of my post match discussions when I was also able to dissect the incidents where I should have received a pass!

Canadian content December 03, 2013 12:51 am

This guy is really growing on me and perhaps is an example of where the wallabies should be headed in terms of culture. He's funny, seems to be chatting with everyone in the squad and although he appears to enjoy the limelight, as he should as a pro athlete, he doesn't seem to be all about himself, except for the lack of quality passes that is.

rugby08 December 03, 2013 9:12 am

He'd be a fantastic pundit, sports personality when he retires. Imagine the banter between him and Haskell!!!

finedisregard December 03, 2013 3:04 pm

I like this dude's style. You can have fun, flair, and personality without dancing in the try zone.

Despite all the doom and gloom the Aussies know how to win. Ewen McKenzie looks to be a fine coach.

Cheis December 03, 2013 3:56 pm

Here is the interview with 'sweating like a gypsy with a mortgage' comment

Love it!

View Video

Eddie-g December 03, 2013 5:23 pm

Fair play to the Wallabies, they needed a good end of year tour and they managed just that.

And when they aren't getting bladdered, they come across as a decent bunch of lads too. Cummins sure has the personality to go with the hairstyle.

Juggernauter December 03, 2013 7:17 pm

Been a fan of Cummnins for a while now, been putting some great performances with the Force and now has had a new lease in life with McKenzie as coach, whilst Deans uderstood he was his 5th choice winger... Amazing how Link can bring the best out of the players.

Walter December 04, 2013 1:04 pm

Hilarious stuff, great entertainment by the honey badger.
Best line to me: Speaking to Leliafano about his goal kicking: "I never have the problem of too much thinking." LOL!

stroudos December 04, 2013 1:27 pm

"you gave a bit of pill to "The Badge", which was good of ya! Tell us about the time you should have passed it but didn't!"

stroudos December 04, 2013 1:25 pm

Top bloke.

This clip probably surpasses Haskell-cam and that takes some doing.
With that tache and the bandage on his hand he actually has an air of Keith Lemon about him, (random clip for the non-British on here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOiSnfXJ9wY)

Cummins has an awesome way with words though, doesn't he? Here are a few of his classics:

Pick of the bunch his explanation of why he named himself after the Honey Badger:
""One of the stories that inspires me is that it is documented that a honey badger killed a male lion in a one-on-one,'' Cummins said last year ahead of his Test debut against Argentina in Rosario.

"He clawed the canastas off the big fella. The big one-two. That to me is outstanding."

And I believe it is customary for someone to post this any Honey Badger video: