Female Streaker has no regrets

Joe Marler and his unsual pets

Southland sensational try after big bump

Benito Masilevu's huge side-steps

Why you should always tackle low

Tana Umaga smashes into brother Mike

Ben Funnell slamming tackle on Hawkins

Tameifuna's huge hit on Michael Hooper

Ludovic Mercier crazy reverse pass

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

O2 Inside Line - Season 4 Episode 6

This week's O2 Inside Line takes us into the England camp as they prepare for their Six Nations match against Ireland at Twickenham this coming weekend. Despite dominating Scotland two weeks ago, this will be a far tougher challenge for the home side.

England coach Stuart Lancaster has opted to include youngster George Ford in his matchday squad, saying that the time is right after experiencing a full three weeks of training.

"We have successfully integrated and included many young players over the last two years and George is the next exciting talent to make his mark in the senior squad and we are a looking forward to see him develop over the next few months," said Lancaster.

In the front row, prop Dan Cole saw a specialist and has since been ruled out for three months with a neck injury. Cole has a bulging disc and will be replaced by David Wilson.

In this week's O2 Inside Line some of the England players go through Player Analysis, looking at both Ireland and England. Team Mates features Jack Nowell and Billy Vunipola, and Player Cam is given to Billy Twelvetrees and Mako Vunipola, who gives us a guided tour of the weights room.

RFU's Ticket Officer, Hannah Collins, then talks us through the typical build up to a home Test.

England Team:
15 Mike Brown, 14 Jack Nowell, 13 Luther Burrell, 12 Billy Twelvetrees, 11 Jonny May, 10 Owen Farrell, 9 Danny Care, 1 Joe Marler, 2 Dylan Hartley, 3 David Wilson, 4 Joe Launchbury, 5 Courtney Lawes, 6 Tom Wood, 7 Chris Robshaw, 8 Billy Vunipola.
Replacements: 16 Tom Youngs, 17 Mako Vunipola, 18 Henry Thomas, 19 Dave Attwood, 20 Ben Morgan, 21 Lee Dickson, 22 George Ford, 23 Alex Goode

Ireland Team:
15. Rob Kearney, 14. Andrew Trimble, 13. Brian O’Driscoll, 12. Gordon D’Arcy, 11. Dave Kearney, 10. Jonathan Sexton, 9. Conor Murray, 8. Jamie Heaslip, 7. Chris Henry, 6. Peter O’Mahony, 5. Paul O’Connell,  4. Devin Toner, 3. Mike Ross, 2. Rory Best, 1. Cian Healy
Replacements: 16. Sean Cronin, 17. Jack McGrath, 18. Martin Moore, 19.  Iain Henderson, 20. Jordi Murphy, 21. Isaac Boss, 22. Paddy Jackson, 23. Fergus McFadden

Posted in O2 Inside Line

Phil mc avity February 20, 2014 1:11 am

Davey Wilson is going to be shite... :-/

hamsandwich February 20, 2014 5:18 pm

Dear the people that make o2 inside line

Can you please bring back the old-style player cam? Although it is interesting to see what the players do in the gym, particularly how much they can lift (this could all go in another section), I do miss when we used to see some of the joking around and mick-taking that goes on behind the scenes. Maybe it's just because James Haskell's not there, I don't know.

I personally just find it more interesting to see the more personal side of the players, whereas this really just shows them as gym-monkeys.

Cheers

Phil mc avity February 20, 2014 7:23 pm

It's the same with the Lions tour films. In 1997 and 2001 there was loads of banter and jokes on the videos, but 2005-2009 and 2013 were boring. In 1997 you see R.Hill on the phone to his missus and Jason Leonard step over him and fart on him. 2005 dvd was well shit.

DrG February 22, 2014 2:06 pm

Fart jokes, how high brow...hahaha good stuff though!

FatProp February 20, 2014 9:28 pm

was looking forward to the game until Cole's injury. I know Wilson is the better scrummager but playing only 47 minutes of rugby since his injury. Healy will probably be too powerful and will lose 9 points of scrum penalties and have a poor platform to work from. Really to help we should play a big lock like Attwood, however lazy he is, or slater. Anyway I say England 17- 23 Ireland

FatProp February 20, 2014 9:30 pm

Also why the **** is Goode on the bench ? what does he add to the team ? Would rather have Daly, Eastmond or Watson

Phil mc avity February 20, 2014 11:38 pm

Completely agree, Goode is so crap... I think Lancaster will slowly drop him. But no way would I drop Launchbry or Lawes. Both brilliant, it would cock up the lineout. And not too sure that Wilson is better in the scrum than Cole. Also Wilson said "if I can play around 45-50 minutes I'll be happy".... I think that's well bad!!!!!! He is already giving himself excuses.

stroudos February 21, 2014 7:44 am

Or even Brad Barritt.... I mean, if I were looking at the team and thinking right, one of these two needs to make way for Ford to come in, I'd have definitely dropped the bloke who in his last two games, has missed fairly standard tackles, been caught out position and has shown bugger all in attack.

I imagine Goode's versatility is what has kept him in the side as a bench player, but I'd rather have a player who's playing well in his position than one who's playing badly in a number of them. Also, Ford is now covering fly-half (and 36 can if needed too). I'd have thought, with a centre pairing that has about 12 caps between them going against one with 200 caps between them, having Barritt waiting in the wings would have been a better option.

Then again, I'm not an international rugby coach.

FatProp February 21, 2014 10:51 pm

You might not be an international coach but at least you understand that Goode should not be on the bench Eastmond is 200% the better option

calvdog February 21, 2014 1:33 pm

The first week England and Ireland were both caught cold, woke up and played well enough to win. England stopped a good French side playing at home and were the dominant team but for two break away tries would have beaten France comprehensively. England have not played at home yet and I think they are in a good position to move on and beat Ireland who despite two convincing wins haven't played well at all. Ireland's pack are not as strong as the English pack and I fear they may come unstuck with a pernickety referee.
As an Irishman I feel that we lose tomorrow but hopefully narrowly enough for us to win the championship. As I feel Wales have the measure of England at the minute, which judging by recent results Ireland clearly don't.
Regardless, should be a cracker of a game.

DrG February 22, 2014 2:11 pm

I thought England played quite well in the first game against France, but personally, I don't think they were the better team. They didn't look as killer as France did.

DrG February 22, 2014 2:09 pm

I think Ireland are the better 'team' overall - player for player - Of course they have a huge wealth of experience, so no disrespect to the England players. But England have the home field advantage or at least Ireland does NOT have the home field advantage which is going to be huge plus for England.