Why you should always tackle low

The Human Hurdle Attempt

Sam Burgess breaks cheekbone, plays on

Brian O'Driscoll Breakdown Masterclass

The Top 5 Schoolboy Prodigies

Southland sensational try after big bump

Just how fast is Carlin Isles?

Prop lays into fullback with big shot

Step and unbelievable dummy sets up try

Friday, May 16, 2014

Friday Funnies - Team mate questions with Donncha O'Callaghan

Munster lock Donncha O'Callaghan is known to be quite a character so it's no surprise that when asked to answer some random questions recently, he delivered. He accepted an award on the night too, and as you can see here, has quite a way with words.

The Lions tourist in 2005 and 2009 first made an appearance on RD many years back after he attempted to play rugby without any shorts on. In a 2006 match against the Cardiff Blues they were ripped off, so rather than waste time trying to replace them, he simply joined the lineout.

"You can't play like this," said the none too amused French referee, forcing him to get a new pair.

O'Callaghan has played rugby for Munster for an incredible 16 seasons. Now 35-years-old, he will start off the bench in tonight's crunch RaboDirect PRO12 semi final against Glasgow Warriors.

With 94 caps for his country and other locks looking like they might prevent him from reaching the cherished 100 caps, he has said that he hopes if it happens, it's under the right circumstances.

"It's competitive as ever," he told Thescore.ie in a frank chat earlier this week.

"If you're in the team, you want to be there on merit. The more competitive it is for positions, the better it is for everybody. You know that if a guy is picked ahead of you, and is a quality fella, that he has to produce the goods. That can only be good for the team," he added.

In this entertaining chat O'Callaghan speaks about those team mates and things like who the best dancer is, who would be last man standing on a night out, and who has the worst dress sense. "A lot of our younger guys are starting to dress like One Direction, and I don't know where that's at."

O'Callaghan was attending the Hibernia College IRUPA Rugby Players' Awards 2014, where he was presented with the Boardmatch Contribution to Society award

Donncha O'Callaghan tries to play with no shorts

Posted in Funnies

cheyanqui May 16, 2014 5:23 pm

Pretty rich for him to say someone's not a looker...

Probably thinks he's pretty, considering he's usually staring at Leo Cullen across the tunnel

Canadian content May 16, 2014 9:44 pm

The political correctness police to the rescue!

Funny and humble guy, cheering for a team for who he missed selection

Guy May 16, 2014 5:49 pm

He seems like a properly funny guy with a great and rather behaved sense of humour.

Mastersa May 16, 2014 6:03 pm

Munster second rows are said to be a comiited bunch. Just with Donacha is it to rugby or and institution?

Mastersa May 16, 2014 6:03 pm

DrG May 16, 2014 7:24 pm

Seems like a thoroughly amusing person to hang out and have a beer with!

DanKnapp May 18, 2014 7:19 pm

Jesus Christ, it wouldn't be one beer now, would it? I'd go for a beer with him, Marler and Dan Cole. Now that'd be a class night out.

DrG May 19, 2014 8:59 pm

I'd invite Gavin Henson though... need someone to punch in the face after a few too many...

DanKnapp May 20, 2014 5:05 am

Oh come on darling, we'll just get Gavin a babysitter for the night. Let's have a night off. We never do anything just the two of us, Donncha O'Callaghan, Joe Marler and Dan Cole any more.

DrG May 20, 2014 7:59 am

Considering Donnacha is one of the biggest pranksters and I'm sure Marler isn't far behind, I'd rather give them someone else to focus on (Henson) to avoid being their target lol...

DanKnapp May 20, 2014 9:12 am

True... Can we also invite Johnny Wilkinson? Someone has to be responsible and drive us all home at the end. He'd probably hold my hair back while I was sick, and when I get into a blubbering mess about being fat and unloved he'd tell me that I was beautiful inside, and make me believe it.

Sorry, got caught up in a Johnny-daydream there.

DanKnapp May 20, 2014 9:40 am

Bet we run into Cummins in the kebab shop. He strikes me as the kinda guy you'd see in a kebab shop, talking hilarious rubbish while waiting for the chicken donner meat and chips.

DrG May 20, 2014 11:53 pm

Hahaha, this sounds like an awesome night out!

DrG May 20, 2014 11:56 pm

P.s totally agree re: Cummins. One of those completely mashed up guys that is talking to the poor Turkish lads who're 'laughing' with a "what the **** is this piss head on about?" look on their faces - Followed shortly after a much needed over the top handshaking of every other customer and each staff member in the shop...

iluvyomumma May 17, 2014 12:01 am

This guy is hilarious, straight up. I can't remember which one it is either 2005 or 2009 but on the Lions DVD he was an absolute hero the whole way through and made me laugh non stop. I'm going to say 09 if you can find it. hilarious

hamsandwich May 17, 2014 10:50 am

I enjoy how little hesitation he had in naming BOD as the most skillful.

Also, as second row I can sympathise greatly with his point about fastest players, once they're 30 odd metres away they all look the same anyway

10stonenumber10 May 17, 2014 6:08 pm

This one goes out to all the roof inspectors busting a move, 10 pints into the 3rd half... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS8kvF38zns

View Video

DanKnapp May 18, 2014 7:17 pm

Wha.... what did I just see?

kadova May 18, 2014 8:47 pm

Donncha is a great great player, and a joker...all his team mates said it.

dave May 19, 2014 3:02 am

I dont know what the deal is with the nick cummins guy
this guy had me laughing more in this interview than any cummins interview