Teddy Thomas incredible solo effort

Lee Jones makes huge trysaving tackle

WIN Rugby Union Team Manager 2015!

Steffon Armitage wants more England caps

Barbarians run riot vs Leicester Tigers

Francois Hougaard's IRPA Try of the Year

Player of 2014 Nominee, Willie Le Roux

Hairy f*cking Martin Castrogiovanni rant

Nigel Owens makes not straight comment

Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Catch up with Wales captain Sam Warburton on Total Rugby

Total Rugby caught up with injured Wales and British & Irish Lions captain Sam Warburton recently, to discuss recovery, home life and coach Warren Gatland. The 25-year-old also touched on the unfinished business with the Lions, and next year's Rugby World Cup.

Do you think Warburton is the man to lead Wales at next year's World Cup, and how do you think they'll perform based on recent form, big match pressure and the players at their disposal?

View more player profiles in our Player Features section

Posted in Player Features

Justaguest July 02, 2014 8:44 pm

There is question no he will play and almost no question he will be captain. He is Wales' only centrally contracted player - even though he is not the best open side in wales and constantly injured. What a joke!

WelshOsprey July 02, 2014 11:20 pm

I think AWJ is better captain personally but Warbs is a total pro.
Would love to see a Faletau/Tipuric/Warburton backrow for the world cup but I think Gatland will stick with Lydiate.

Canadian-N8 July 03, 2014 10:55 am

Anyone with a decent brain will immediately remember the heights Gavin Henson carried the Welsh Team trough. Although never captain he is the kind of guy we need for Wales to win the Webb Ellis trophy. Misunderstood by many, yes even by some of his own countrymen, he is a proud workhorse and an example for every professional athlete out there. Up here in Canada, he is considered a demi-god, the backs praise him like some sort of entity that can manipulate the outcome of a game.

DrG July 03, 2014 11:52 am

Gavin Henson...as in "I don't want to play for this club anymore because I'm not starting in the position I want after only coming off the bench for them once" Gavin Henson? What a joke, no wonder the Canadians got pumped by the US...

Ah... wait, it's you again...

dave July 03, 2014 10:09 pm

What are you talking about man?
It's all about BOD, Manu T and Dan Carter where i'm from in Canada.

Canadian-N8 July 03, 2014 4:51 pm

"Dr"G, clearly a) you don't know who Gav is or b) know him, and are terribly jealous at the effort he has put into his rugby and the fruits he justly reaped. Gav not only is a genius, he also is humble and well-behaved. I do not understand why you have to so negative all the time. Especially towards Canadians who are a proud race and have as a collective more contributed to rugby than South Africa. What you said in your response was totally uncalled for.

dave July 03, 2014 10:17 pm

Gavin is infamous for getting drunk at the worst times, causing an argument with jonny wilkinson which had him shipped out of toulon/ and being in poor form, also when he came to bath he got ktfo by a teammate, he's only recently started to show good form again and still he'd third choice inside center at bath

DrG July 03, 2014 10:19 pm

I agree, I apologise for being nasty to you, I realise you're an emotional chap (as gathered by your previous posts on other topics) and far wiser on the ins and outs of International rugby. I hope I've not greatly offended you too much. I'll do my best to not upset yourself in the future, it would be a shame to lose; what I can only describe, as a 'Messiah' to this rugby page over a little disagreement on opinions.

Canadian-N8 July 03, 2014 5:03 pm

"Dr"G, maybe it's best if you went somewhere else. Cynicism and criticism have no place in modern rugby and with your cynicism you're affecting everyone here, whether you realize it or not. We cannot have that when so many young children browse this website.
Folks, I want to assure everyone, we've met Gav and he is a gentleman, he is pure class.

DrG July 04, 2014 9:32 am

Who is being cynical? I'm being very polite, my post above was written from the heart, it's bringing me to tears thinking that indeed such a lovely number 8 could have been upset by my comments and believes them to be false.

perfectthirteen July 04, 2014 12:02 pm

Hey cank , please stop being a typical Ignorant canadian , you havent a clue with your talking about , drg has a wealth of rugby knowledge , and you think gavin henson is a good player and that canada has contributed more to rugby than sa , your a joke , he also said nothing offensive to you......I bet your from alberta

Facepalm July 05, 2014 11:41 am

Irony is lost on some.

Ireland West July 07, 2014 3:35 pm

Doubly ironic that Henson's name should be brought into any discussion of Warburton. Henson, talented as he is, has been the author of his own misfortune on multiple occasions, whereas Warburton, talented as he is, is the result of Gatland's obsessive belief that he is a better player than he has shown. I have huge admiration for Warburton's courage, workrate and loyalty, but he is just not as good as Gatland thinks he is.

10stonenumber10 July 08, 2014 9:03 pm

Henson is locker room Kryptonite. Annoyingly though, he can justify his arrogance for 80 minutes a week. The other 10,000 mins off the field Monday to Sunday should be spent on his own where he can't get diva drunk and insult people who have more than paid their dues within the game. Call me ignorant but I always thought Canadians identified more with the Scottish... they hate Gav too.