Ma'afu banned for punch on Tom Youngs

The Top 5 French Flair moments

Closing montage from Heineken Cup final

Dafydd Howells scores quickest try ever?

Carlos Spencer & Stephen Larkham fight

Barbarians too good for England XV

Courtney Lawes crunches Charlie Hodgson

Jebb Sinclair red card for leading elbow

Tameifuna's huge hit on Michael Hooper

Thursday, July 03, 2014

Plays of the Month for June Internationals, JWC and Super Rugby

Rugby HQ's Sean Maloney takes us through the biggest, best and funniest plays of the month for June in this latest edition of their Plays of the Month. It features clips from the midyear tours down south, where New Zealand, South Africa and Australia all achieved clean sweeps.

There are also a few great moments from the Junior World Championship and Super Rugby.

View more best Plays of the Month, Shortball and more in the Plays of the Week section

Posted in Plays of the Week

jimmy23 July 03, 2014 5:48 pm

2:12, so thats North and Savea Farrell has managed to knock over recently. Say what you will about him, the lad knows how to put in a good shot.

Reality July 03, 2014 6:07 pm

Are you serious? I don't know about the one on North but that one on Savea was the most obvious shoulder charge I've ever seen.

I agree he's a great tackler for an outhalf but here wasn't a great example of it.

10stonenumber10 July 04, 2014 7:24 am

There is no denying Farrell is a solid defender. Personally I feel this is where he stands above other fly halves in the country, but probably the only area he does, and damn right he should too, over 6ft and not far off 100kg in pre-season, that is pretty big for a 10 in today's game. A true pupil of Wilkinson.

stroudos July 04, 2014 9:21 am

A not-very-good tackle from an excellent tackler.

The thing is with this shoulder barge here on Savea - I believe he got away with it didn't he? ie no penalty? So, although it was actually a shit tackle it put the bloke on his arse and I suspect may have made him think twice before attacking his channel again, (actually in Savea's case this may not be true!).

My point is sometimes a slightly dirty hit, if you can get away with it, is worth it for the psychological boost.

redwan_ July 03, 2014 6:42 pm

Loved seeing Tuilagi being brushed off like a fly. Nonu showing him up there.

dave July 04, 2014 2:50 am

It wasn't that great, nonu pushed him in the direction of his own momentum and a lot of the time big guys topple easier in those situations.
Give me the video of Savea slamming Yarde.

Canadian content July 03, 2014 9:25 pm

Poor video punctuated by passé cheeky music

Freddy July 03, 2014 10:10 pm

Guys,
I`d just thought I`d pass by and tell you something our club is involved in. We are raising money to get Nonu a free plastic surgery operation for his face. Soon you will be invited to like a page on Facebook and with your `like` Nonu will have in no time a new face.

stroudos July 04, 2014 8:49 am

OK.........................

stroudos July 04, 2014 9:13 am

Dear Mr Dump,
Favour - please can the Grants Whisky ad be set to only play the sound if you click on it? No problem with the ad and it's great to see Geoff Hurst having a laugh with the boys. And it's a nice video, very enjoyable - "yeah, Geoff Hurst - ask your grandad" - love it. I don't even mind the fact I've been served the bloody thing about 50 times now. It's just the automatic sound that's getting on my tits.
Many thanks!