WIN the rugby tour of a lifetime with IG

Benito Masilevu's huge side-steps

Prop Adam Jones' drop goal attempt

IRB rebrands to World Rugby

Barbarians run riot vs Leicester Tigers

Willem Alberts dancing alone in the gym

Toulon DVD - En Route Vers Le Doublé

Five nominees for World Player of 2014

Saracens vs Western Province Highlights

Monday, July 07, 2014

Three streakers at once during Chiefs vs Hurricanes game

Clearly not deterred by what happened to a streaker in Dunedin recently, three streakers took to the pitch during the Super Rugby game between the Chiefs and the Hurricanes at the weekend, causing all sorts of chaos as the security struggled to get to grips with them.

They had a three-prong approach which obviously worked, as they evaded security guards for a good few minutes, taunting them before finally getting caught, one by one.

The stadium security obviously didn't have any off-duty professional rugby players on hand, unlike in Dunedin recently when a streaker was absolutely demolished with a huge tackle from behind.

One of the three streakers has since issued an apology online, saying:

"I apologise to all the viewers that didn't appreciate me streaking It was a stupid and inappropriate thing to do! I was just drunk and wasn't thinking..."

Chiefs flyhalf Aaron Cruden found it highly amusing, as did all the fans in attendance in Hamilton.

The Chiefs broke their three-match losing streak and kept their playoff hopes alive with a 24-16 win.

Streaker gets Smashed by Security Guard Number Eight

The Top 5 Fans Gone Wild Moments Ever

Twickenham Streaker dots down beneath the posts

Prancing 'streaker' gets nailed by security

Posted in See it to Believe it

DrG July 07, 2014 5:03 pm

Cruden does appear to be...um...very interested....

Thanks for the link to the Dunedin hit, that was brutal!

larry July 07, 2014 7:56 pm

These streakers have nothing on Erica Roe.

stroudos July 08, 2014 6:40 am

Been a while since I've seen a female streaker. Come on girls, get involved!!

Canadian-N8 July 08, 2014 6:06 pm

How long before an international athlete is going to get slapped in the face by some prick, or even worse 3 pricks? This needs to stop immediately. Especially considering a lot of Rugby players are children and are watching these very games. They need to be protected from this sort of anti-social and anti-establishment behaviour. I demand the IRB do something about this before it gets out of hand.

Reality July 08, 2014 9:45 pm

I don't know if you're being serious or speaking in jest, but I completely agree. Not so much about a player being slapped - although that South African fan that attacked a referee set a precedent - but more for the ridiculousness of the thing.

As a fan, when this happens, if I find myself saying, "Has the match I was watching actually been stopped because some naked fella' is running around the pitch?" then something isn't right. It's just annoying. If I was a player I'd absolutely smash the guy to the ground at the first opportunity I got.

Eddie-g July 08, 2014 6:36 pm

"They had a three-prong approach..."

I thought it more of a three-dong approach.

10stonenumber10 July 09, 2014 9:04 am

I remember rushing the pitch at The Stoop in 02 against Leicester I think. It was after the final whistle, me and 3 mates (fully clothed I might add, we were only 12/13) charged the field from behind the posts. Will Greenwood and Aus Healey screamed at us as to f*ck off they formed a tunnel/applauded each other off the field... but as soon as that was done they came over to us and shook our hands, realising we were just kids trying to meet our heroes, even Johnno ALMOST smiled. Nicest guys in the world as soon as they were the other side of the touchline, but for a moment we all thought we were going to take a pasting.

Canadian-N8 July 10, 2014 1:31 pm

I just want to add to the discussion that I despise Erica Roe, as I am a pro-life non-smoker and cannot tolerate people forcing me to second smoke, as Erica Roe did. She has blood on her hands.

Peter Heijden October 15, 2014 12:43 pm

See her at www.erikaroe.com in all her glory!