Viewing comments for ConorL
People may not agree with it, but by the letter of the law the ref made the right call. Whether the law itself needs changing is a whole other matter entirely.
And just to echo Colombes point up above, all the people on here bitching and moaning about the game becoming "too soft" need to find an hour and a half's free time one day and sit down and watch the Clermont-Leinster game from yesterday.
Neither team got anywhere near scoring a try, but it was 80mins of the most intense, physical, fantastically brutal rugby anyone could wish to see. And not a spear/tip tackle or red card in sight!
Roll on next weekend in Dublin! Allez Les Bleus!!
1 Year, 3 Months ago
No. 4 isn't all that. Reverse pass, little turn of pace, defender falls over, try. Nothing special there
1 Year, 6 Months ago
1. Healy (Jenkins is still world class, but by this time next year Healy will have overtaken him, if he hasn't already, as the premier loose-head in the NH)
8. Denton/Heaslip/Morgan/Faletau/Anyone else you care to name. (Seriously, nobody has even come close to really nailing down this position.)
13. O'Driscoll (if he's still playing)/Davies
15. Kearney (On current form, I honestly can't see how anyone could even consider Halfpenny over him. If Wales had an outhalf who could kick worth a damn Halfpenny wouldn't be nearly as highly rated.)
1 Year, 7 Months ago
Dion Fourie, take a bow son. The only one of the 30 other men on the field to stop playing and check on the condition of Gio. The ref and the medics should be given lengthy suspensions for incompetence.
1 Year, 7 Months ago
Forget the Waratah's defense, what about the Blues?! I lost count of how many missed tackles there were in those Hurricanes tries!
1 Year, 9 Months ago
Best bit: Tonga'uiha DARING the French pack to go for a scrum with the last play of the game! Best moment of the whole WC. Always makes me smile!
1 Year, 10 Months ago
1) Leinster are a measureably better team now than in 2010. Cheika's team were built on an outstanding defense, but Schmidt's version has both the defense and the most free-flowing attack in the NH.
2) Clermont will not be at home. The game will be in Bordeaux, not in the Stade Marcel Michelin. Big bonus for Leinster.
3) Clermont are currently 2nd in the Top14 to a Toulouse side that barely made it out of a pool including Connacht, and who just got embarrassed by Edinburgh of all teams. Edinburgh!!
I do agree with you on one point though. This has 'Game of the Year' written all over it!
1 Year, 11 Months ago
The problem I have with giving a red card for a tackle like this is that it sets a dangerous precedent for future games.
If "dropping a player from a height with no regard for his safety" is now deemed a red card offense, then by extension, routine occurrences such as taking a player out in a line-out or tackling a full-back in the air when he goes up for a high ball are also red card offenses.
In both those examples, players are falling from a much greater height than Clerc is in this tackle, and are in no position to protect themselves, so they should be red card offenses too right?!
If players start getting sent off for everyday incidents like these, there wont be anyone left on the pitch at the end of the game!!
In my opinion, red cards should be reserved for only the worst of foul play. Gouging, striking a player, driving a player into the ground etc. In all other cases, a yellow card is sufficient punishment.
2 Years, 4 Months ago