Viewing comments for Sankeor« back to profile

Will Skinner red carded from the bench as Harlequins beat Toulouse

Not launching this debate again but... imo simply and objectively agreeing with the ref decision (a fair decision, according to other refs and Rolland himself nowadays) is not being unsporty.
Though... you might have an altered understanding of overall french opinion back then if you're based only on internet reactions : on english-speaking forums you probably saw 90% of comenters spitting on France victory, and maybe the other 10% were few frenchs defending the national jersey.
But believe me most of french people said victory was undeserved (wich is still not my opinion).

2 Years, 9 Months ago

Chris Hala'ufia suspended internally for six weeks after citing for dangerous tackle

Totally agree with you Frenchie !!
And come on, he just slighlty ducked and took the wrist in his face. If he had not, I presume he would have taken it in the throat !
Moreover, I guess the referee "forgot" to hand back the yellow card, because Gibson replaced Hala'Ufia after he left the field : I don't think the situation is "harsh" here !

@Medicaluke : If it was you or me, we would probably be dead, Germain is quite a stern player. Yeah me too I've seen worst, for instance when JB Elissalde got hit more or less in the same way and left the field on a stretcher with a cervical neck brace. It nearly ended his career.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV6oujxx2Y4

2 Years, 9 Months ago

Schalk Brits inside flick pass for Chris Wyles try

Good to see that the pressure doesn't kill his will to try new things on the field. After all rugby is a game and they are all playing it.

2 Years, 9 Months ago

Mathieu Bastareaud breaks Agen scrumhalf Alexis Bales

Oh god, no. It will certainly take a lot of burgers to overcome the frustration...

2 Years, 9 Months ago

Morgan Parra vs George Chuter, and Manu Tuilagi simultaneous yellow

I was replying to Stroudos

2 Years, 9 Months ago

Morgan Parra vs George Chuter, and Manu Tuilagi simultaneous yellow

I think you're partly wrong here.

You can see that as a comment from a Parra supporter, you wouldn't be totally wrong, but that's what every good scrum-half would have done.
If Parra did not "milk it", well I guess he would have to hand back himself his scrum-half membership card, don't you think ? Look at a guy like Peter Stringer, tell me he wouldn't have done the same thing.

And one more thing: c'mon, you guys commenting seem to have known rugby for 50 years or more ! Honestly "this sort of shit" is applied at all levels and since the beginning of rugby. Parra is not a dirty player like... let's pick a player randomly, let's say Mr. McCheat, who really screws things ingame. No Parra is quite a fair player, he's just cleverer than Chuter.

(and I see no biting in the video, that's subjective)

2 Years, 9 Months ago

Edinburgh beat Racing Metro in eleven try thriller at Murrayfield

Totally agree.
But usually a foreign tv only gets what the local tv sends, that's a matter of exclusivity. That's why french tv never moves to UK to record a game and british tv never moves to France neither, and that's why we have no french record neither.
Surprisingly the video here seems to be from Racing-Metro website.
That's a pity such a game has not been fully recorded. In France Canal+ or France2 record every possible national or european game.

2 Years, 10 Months ago

Steven Shingler red carded for spear tackle against Cardiff Blues

No, the man did not spear himself, the tackler just made a spear tackle and that's the result anyway. That's not because he twisted himself in the air that he is responsible with such a bad landing.
To prove you what I'm saying I'll show you this (this debate reminded me of this ad) :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2Oo1RZoEjo&feature=related#t=0m13
Number 14 (E.Ntamack) perfectly executes this twist, allowing his partners to play quickly after him. That's part of the game, good players always do it !

2 Years, 10 Months ago

Steven Shingler red carded for spear tackle against Cardiff Blues

Indeed (but he usually does it well).
I am surprised Hry did not mention Thierry Dussautoir, who succeeded to Serge Betsen as France's defensive champion.
In my opinion he is the best tackler since 2007 and his record against the Blacks in Cardiff (38 tackles, 100%).

2 Years, 10 Months ago

Steven Shingler red carded for spear tackle against Cardiff Blues

And if we had to take in account malice, we would live in a very complicated world...haha

2 Years, 10 Months ago

 
Site Meter