Thursday Jan 26, 2017

Drew Mitchell, James O'Connor and Liam Gill give insight into life with Toulon

Drew Mitchell, James O'Connor and Liam Gill give insight into life with Toulon
Comments

While most French Top 14 teams now have a number of foreigners in their ranks, Toulon in particular have a group of top quality Wallabies that call the port city home. Rugby.com.au caught up with three of them recently to discuss French culture, the language and rugby.

View more interesting interviews and features in our Player Features section

8 Comments

rugbydump

That sounds fantastic. Thanks for the info :)

drg

I think Toulon is an interesting team. Personally, I am concerned at what the future holds regarding money etc. As long as the sport and the flair and style and rugby ethos is maintained then I don't see an issue, but if we start to see too much money taking over, where players are more important than the sport itself then I'll get quite upset. We've seen it happen with soccer where hissy fits are a must for every 'star' player. If class players go there are retain their class acts then I support the world XV direction.

oliver

hear hear! 2 suggestions for visitors: - Seeing a game at Stade Mayol is a must, of course - Porquerolles and Port-Cros are also not to be missed! 2 beautiful islands, just off the coast, and very preserved.

rugbydump

A visit there is surely on the bucket list for most rugby fans. It seems like a great rugby culture, regardless of what outsiders say about money etc.

rugbydump

Good to hear it, thanks Hoot

oliver

Say what you will about Toulon, but the fans' passion is undeniable. I go there every summer and I swear EVERY car and bar has a RCT sticker/banner/poster. It's also the only place in France where I routinely see guys playing on the beach with a rugby ball and not a football ball. (then again I never go to the basque country so?)

• Notice: Trying to get property 'data' of non-object in /var/www/html/php/vo/Comment.php on line 19
  • "What do the Fijians" all class O'Connor

hoot

Great video, love things like this RD.

Great Tries

Big Hits & Dirty Play

See It To Believe It

Funnies

Training Videos

Player Features

Drew Mitchell, James O'Connor and Liam Gill give insight into life with Toulon | RugbyDump - Rugby News & Videos