Do Not Sell My Personal Information
RugbyDump RugbyDump
Tuesday Oct 1, 2013

DTH van der Merwe goes headfirst into the post

DTH van der Merwe goes headfirst into the post
Comments

A few weeks back in the Rabodirect Pro 12, on Friday the 13th strangely enough, Glasgow Warriors winger DTH van der Merwe experienced this horror collision with the post as he came close to scoring against Ulster at Ravenhill in Belfast.

Canadian international Van der Merwe was okay luckily and managed to play on, but tweeted after the game that his neck was still a bit sore after the ‘postheadbutt’.

He also joked that it’s another bizarre moment shared by Rugbydump (via Twitter), following on from a year ago when he tore his hamstring but still managed to set up a try against Zebre.

You can view official highlights from the match on page two of this post

Official highlights of Ulster vs Glasgow Warriors, with the head vs post collision at 1:26 mins

8 Comments

• 11:02 PM 29/10/2013

I like how you're thinking, even though I don't agree. I allways like to see the lower tiers evolve (hell, Im from a lower tier nation!), but I can't see you go through france and ireland. Itally is going to be a really tough job too, as they are allways good in the set pieces, very physical and passionate on defence. On top of that you risk having Georgia as Europe 2, which means you can risk the bottom place. I hope not, but it will be a really competitive group with a really tight battle between Canada, Italy and Europe 2 (either Russia or Georgia, me thinks. My proud Portugal is only in the running for the playoffspot, which we will discuss between uruguay, us and spain, as allways)

• 10:54 PM 29/10/2013

Hah, love those expressions! The don't argue, the glasgow kiss, the samoan sidestep... Stuff of legend!

• 1:22 PM 02/10/2013

You know I was gonna mention his SA roots but decided that since he wears the maple leaf,proudly I might add, I'd claim him for our own. Perhaps SA bred him, but we gave him the opportunity, which he's flourished with. Canada to make RWC quarters for first time since 1991, u heard it hear first!

• drg
    1:14 PM 02/10/2013

hmm as cheyanqui said, he was bred in SA... Can't really lay claim to him when he moved at the age of 17... most Saffa's are just preparing to enter the baby boks at that age...

• cheyanqui
    3:17 AM 02/10/2013

It's just a Glasgow Kiss. Keep Calm and move along.

• cheyanqui
    3:16 AM 02/10/2013

.. is "Canada" the name of a kraal in the Western Cape? Because he was bred there.

• 2:30 AM 02/10/2013

We breed em tough in Canada!

• drg
    11:23 PM 01/10/2013

That looked bloody painful actually... Least he didn't knee himself in the face...

Great Tries

Big Hits & Dirty Play

See It To Believe It

Funnies

Amateur

Player Features

DTH van der Merwe goes headfirst into the post | RugbyDump - Rugby News & Videos