Sunday Jul 1, 2012

James O'Connor drops the F-Bomb during half time interview

James O'Connor drops the F-Bomb during half time interview
Comments

Here’s a quick clip of the James O’Connor half time interview that some of you wanted to see. He was also sporting a new hairdo, with comparisons being made to Vanilla Ice, Jedward, and others.

Highlights of the game, which the Reds won 32-17, will be archived soon. Keep an eye on our Twitter and Facebook pages, as we also have another Dan Carter signed item to give away.

20 Comments

kaibishin

Jokes..

pretzel

Someone, somewhere, in the deepest darkest depths of Australia, will be right now writing a letter about JOC's swearing on TV... You can bet your boots on that... lol..

rugbydump

Got it, somewhere. Remember it clearly. May have even tweeted or shared it on facebook at the time. I'll give it some thought and see if I can dig it up

ando

I had a look on YouTube for it but couldn't find any reference to it. Rugbydump??

kiwi

I don't like swearing. I don't do it, and I don't like listening to it. This was a bit like Israel Dagg's shoulder charge on Kearney in the second test, "I couldn't pull out, I was committed." Only JOC managed to pull out!

rugby08

If he didn't apologise i don't think anyone would have realised, he said it so quietly.

anarchangel

Classic! I wish I could find a video.

anarchangel

"Fu-- sorry" barely counts as swearing on TV. I've heard worse from Super Rugby commentators.

calvin

He swore? I couldn't even understand what he was saying.

ando

I had a good chuckle at this article on Sydney Morning Herald's RugbyHeaven.com.au site: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/oconnor-plays-fast-and-loose--and-creates-perfect-tv-20120701-21b3f.html 'Our favourite remains victorious skipper Kieran Read at the end of the Waratahs-Crusaders match in Sydney in 2009. An excited Read appeared to have drunk a pint of red cordial straight after the Crusaders' win that ended a run of losses. Asked what had prompted the form turnaround, Read said on live TV: ''We knew we would have it over them if we played with a bit of width. We played with the ball and it was f---ing great.'' As soon as Read dropped the F-bomb, he suddenly realised where he was. He produced the perfect ''Oops'' look, like a five-year-old who had been nabbed pilfering his sister's presents on Christmas Eve. Read sheepishly made a quick exit right, before a filthy Phil Waugh was brought in, and the Waratahs skipper went for the barb. When asked if the Waratahs were now under pressure, Waugh snapped back: ''The only pressure is coming from you blokes.'' '

pretzel

Oh yeh or the kind of "how do you feel?" after an underdog team plays their hearts out and loses narrowly.. I always wonder if the journalists think at all? I think it was the scottish coach who to a question about "how do the players feel?" after such an incident, he said "how do you think they feel?"

ando

Poor lad, he was completely gassed with a mic shoved in his face! Not a fan of the new 'do, and it looks way worse from the other (left-hand) side. I might actually prefer the "Bieber" on him. Looks like Kurtley Beale might be going to the same barber too.

moddeur

I am also always horrified when I have to sit and watch a panting rugbyman answer a journalist's boring question (especially when the question is of a "aren't you doing something wrong out there?" variety).

moddeur

Aha Cartman! Respectoooo-mi-autoridaaaaad! Well "casser les couilles", breaking (one's) balls, is kind of a common expression, although it's definite swearing. I think that just like adult nudity in public is commonplace in Sweden, and mild-mannered policemen are commonplace in Britain, mild swearing on TV in France is quite common. It's just one of these cultural things.

ramrugby10

I think his barber missed a spot...

pretzel

I think swearing on live TV is sort of frowned upon in most countries. There are always those that will phone up with complaints over ANYTHING on TV, therefore when someone does drop the F-bomb, a lot of phones must light up like its Christmas... Especially if this was shown during the day or early afternoon/evening. So I suppose depending on what network it is done on "Fox sports" they may get fined for it... Haha, about your congressmen, was he a South park fan? or at least an Eric Cartman fan?

pretzel

I'm with Facepalm, it's got to be frustrating, I mean you're trying to focus on the game and then you give an interview? I have always used half time to get the team to regroup, calm down, gather their thoughts as well as gathering my own, and focussing on what we each did right so as to keep it up, and addressing what we each did wrong and making sure it doesn't happen again. JOC still looks like Bieber, regardless of the terrible new haircut...

cheyanqui

Looks like he's trying out for a revival of Duran Duran.

moddeur

1) Horrible hairstyle 2) I love the way that every rugby player, at half time, speaks extremely fast, uttering words at Mach 3. The brain just seems to flip the power switch on. This is surely the reason why a minute lasts a long time when you're on the field, but mere instants when you're waiting on the sideline. 3) About swearing, I don't see Australia as a puritan country, I gather it's just that O'Connor is a well-brought up young lad? Here in France there's swearing on TV all over the place. I've even heard congressmen say "you're breaking my balls", for instance, or "damn shit!" during prime time TV, but it's altogether never really injurious, it's more like cussing.

facepalm

I've never really understood the point of having a halftime interview. It must seriously annoy the players.

Great Tries

Big Hits & Dirty Play

See It To Believe It

Funnies

Training Videos

Player Features

James O'Connor drops the F-Bomb during half time interview | RugbyDump - Rugby News & Videos