Thursday Jul 23, 2015

Levani Botia smashes Tonga to set up great Fijian try in Pacific Nations Cup

Levani Botia smashes Tonga to set up great Fijian try in Pacific Nations Cup
Comments

Powerfully built Fijian centre Levani Botia created this excellent try against Tonga in the Pacific Nations Cup in Suva at the weekend. His barnstorming run, and subsequent quality play with Waisea Nayacalevu, led to a well taken try by Henry Seniloli.

Hale T-Pole and Taniela Moa, who made the kick that didn’t find touch, were no match for his strong run, which played a part in Fiji’s 30-22 victory in the opening round of the tournament.

8 Comments

bbrannigan

@ boybath and @kadova, I think it's a back-handed compliment, like Ireland as a small nation topping the six nations and being no. 3 in the world. You know, small nation, small population, big rugby team, that kind of thing. Did I mention that we are six nations champions and no. 3 in the world? ;)

kadova

Afree with you, Boybath. And at the World rankings, they are above Italy and Scotland who play in the 6 Nations. Definitively not a small team by size nor talent.

paimoe

People don't know Rokocoko already? :(

boybath

All time quote when Samoa were playing a few world cups ago "This little nation......" I turned round to my Dad and asked is he watching the same team as us?

jimmy23

No, Joe Rokocoko. I know he was in the ABs but he is of Fijian descent. He was even bigger! 1.89 and 109kg

boybath

If you mean semesa rokoduguni thats why they call him Rocco (twitter name @rocco3225) and hes not little Height:1.84m (6' 0") Weight: 98kg (15st 6lb)

drg

Someone gave that number 8 the wrong shirt.... Incredible really. I'm going to get shot down with names after names, but I'd often considered Fiji to produce lean, quick, agile players such as Rokocoko and those sorts of speed freaks, whereas Tonga/Samoa etc were the ones that produced powerhouse monsters..

stroudos

Love it. Absolutely nailed the first guy and the other two would-be tacklers looked like they'd had second thoughts after the first one had been squished. Can't honestly say I've never accidentally tripped over a teammate after seeing another one getting completely mullered by the guy I'm meant to try to tackle next.

Great Tries

Big Hits & Dirty Play

See It To Believe It

Funnies

Training Videos

Player Features

Levani Botia smashes Tonga to set up great Fijian try in Pacific Nations Cup | RugbyDump - Rugby News & Videos