Friday Jan 30, 2015 Six Nations 2015 : The Journalists' Preview

Six Nations 2015 : The Journalists' Preview
Comments

In the build up to the Six Nations, today we look at an insightful piece that catches up with some of the top UK and Ireland rugby writers at this week’s tournament launch. They go through their predictions for the Championship, and what excites them most.

If you’ve ever read their articles or followed their thoughts and opinions on twitter, now you’ll be able to put a face to the name and get their first hand knowledge ahead of the tournament, and the much anticipated first match next Friday night.

Speaking here are Rob Kitson, Alex Spink, Owen Slot, Tom Hamilton, Alex Lowe, Murray Kinsella and Chris Jones. Thanks again to Nick from @rugbymedia

10 Comments

stroudos

*warning - pedantry* Oscillating. You can't snog a rugby tip...

smilingjim

For the past 3 years now, I've been osculating between thinking England can win the world cup and England won't even get out of the group stages. Its no different with this six nations. Not only does the first game take on huge important, its the first scrum. Ireland are favorites though and the WelshOspray called it about right.

welshie69

Or a VPN addon such as Hola

welshie69

Sites such as wiziwig should help you, or just get a proxy so you can watch it on iplayer. (basically tricks your pc to thinking its from the UK)

larry

I remember last time being quite up for watching the games on BBC America, in HD, as opposed to the previous year when it wasn't in HD, only to find out that BBC America wasn't gong to broadcast the games here in the USA. I haven't heard about this year, but I guess once again America will be shut out from watching. And one can't even hear the broadcast on the Internet on the BBC site as well, as America is blocked. I've now got to check whether any pub within 50 miles of where I live is having a feed to the games.

drg

#Fencesitter.... Surrounded by 6 different nation shirts waiting to throw on the correct one and cheer like I knew the trophy was in their hands all along...

drg

I find it very difficult to predict. When you look at the Autumn performances there were strong games by Scotland; who appeared to play a completely different style to their usual plodding. I don't believe they will win, but I think they have the ability to do 'well' (what 'well' is actually referring to is far beyond me...) Ireland have been looking very tough in the past, although they have a few injuries, but perhaps are the stronger looking team. Wales did well against SA (I think) and have plenty of ability, whether they're able to tie everything together and produce the goods is another question. England - Again, lots of ability but seemed to be plagued by injury. Everytime I look at the news I seem to read about another name added to the 'ouch' list.. France - ...Predictably unpredictable.. not a lot one can say. Huge array of high quality players, but is the wind direction and humidity going to play havoc with their looks and hair styles, thus affecting their game day performances? Italy - Much like the others but on a slightly lower scale, they have pockets of quality, are showing fantastic progression. Played an entirely different style last year (perhaps because they had a half decent 10) - Didn't produce the goods, but actually looked like a team that wanted to contend. I think we can say; with a fair amount of confidence, that chances are, Scotland and Italy won't win the 6N, although they may snaffle a surprising win here or there. France, is probably not likely to win, just based on their lack of continuity. Which leaves, Ireland, Wales and England for the running... I'd like to place my bets on Ireland, but I don't know whether they could be out muscled in the backs?

reality

Less Scottish and Welsh journalists next time, please.

welshosprey

1- Ireland 2- Wales 3- England 4- France 5- Scotland 6- Italy

flanker2712

Insightful: Having or showing an accurate and deep understanding (Oxford English Dictionary).

Great Tries