Monday Feb 24, 2014

The Best Tries scored in Round 2 of Super Rugby 2014

The Best Tries scored in Round 2 of Super Rugby 2014
Comments

Super Rugby is now officially under way with a full set of matches in the second round, and one or two big upsets to keep everyone on their toes. Here’s a quick look at some of the best tries scored over the course of the weekend.

Look out for great power from Robbie Fruean, up against his former side the Crusaders, to start things off. The Highlanders, Blues, Reds, Lions and Waratahs also scored excellent tries.

Are there any tries that aren’t here that you think should be? Which is your favourite?

10 Comments

perfectthirteen

poor defending alot of the time in super 14...

muli-bolo

1st two tries scored by 13s against their old clubs who didnt want them... niiiice and reds 15 has wheels!!

danknapp

That's awesome to know. I really enjoy the 6N, I think it's one of the best sports tournaments on the planet because it's just the right size. You get to know all five opposition teams, there is a nice mix of home and away, there is a huge amount of history and so on. I love it. You're right though, the 6N can throw up some miserable fixtures. The second weekend of this tournament was a bit bleh. I also enjoy the raw speed of the game in the SH. I love the sheer honest physicality of the SA teams in particular.

eddie-g

@DanKnapp If you asked the patrons in any SA bar if they would rather watch Super15 or 6N, the answer would be "both". I can't speak so much to Aus or NZ, but in SA, there is great interest in the 6N - my theory, it's test rugby, and fans are really interested in the results and respect the way the game has to sometimes be played in cold, damp conditions. I always say that SuperXV is better for people less familiar with the game; but there's always room for an old-school arm-wrestle, and I think most fans like a dose of both. After a dire second weekend of 6N games, the Super XV action was most welcome. But the 6N was good again this weekend, especially at Twickenham.

danknapp

I'm with you Matt, but I think that it's just cultural. If I was living in the SH I would get too excited by the 6N. The skills on show in the Super 15 are simply sublime. I only wish we would match it up here.

matt

Possibly, but even with all it's pace and skill, I still can't get as excited about a super game as I can about a 6N weekend

• Notice: Trying to get property 'data' of non-object in /var/www/html/php/vo/Comment.php on line 19
  • Couldn't disagree more. I love six nations rugby, mainly due to the rivalries, but often after the game I feel underwhelmed... There's a reason the SH have won every RWC save one, they've either got better skills or are more allowed to express them.

juggernauter

Welcome back, super rugby. We've missed you.

stroudos

Jesus, Fruean is immense. Don't think I've seen Reds fullback before - he's got some wheels eh?

matt

Wow I've missed this. A 6 Nations, tight five, scrum wrestle in the mud will always be my first choice to watch, but the SH is entertaining

Great Tries

Big Hits & Dirty Play

See It To Believe It

Funnies

Training Videos

Player Features

The Best Tries scored in Round 2 of Super Rugby 2014 | RugbyDump - Rugby News & Videos