Murray Mexted, who has played 34 Tests for New Zealand and captained the All Blacks on seven occasions, is better known nowadays for his colourful commentary alongside Grant Nisbett.
Never one to shy away from an opportunity to twist something into a sexual reference, the ex-Number Eight has provided the rugby world (in the Southern Hemisphere anyway) with more than a few laughs.
A few other classic Mexted one-liners are:
– “Well, either side could win it, or it could be a draw.”
– “You don’t like to see hookers going down on players like that.”
– “I haven’t had a knee operation on any other part of my body.”
– “Its all tied up at 14-13”
– “Andy Ellis – the 21 year old, who turned 22 a few weeks ago”
Here’s a short compilation of some of the character’s finer moments behind the microphone.