Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Rugbypass Match Centre
Scores
Sorry there are no live games.
See what's coming up.
23 Aug
5:25am
RugbyDump RugbyDump
Wednesday Nov 8, 2017

Ricky Januarie floored by below the belt kick from Semi Radradra

Ricky Januarie floored by below the belt kick from Semi Radradra
Comments

He hasn’t been playing in the Top 14 for long but former League star Semi Radradra has already made a huge impact for Toulon. On this occasion the impact came in the form of a low blow with the boot, specifically to former Springbok Ricky Januarie’s nether regions.

Radradra scored one and set up two tries in the 26-24 upset loss to Agen, but this altercation with now 35-year-old Januarie was one he would rather forget, as the Fijian’s boot delivered swift justice to what he clearly felt was an unnecessary shoulder in the back.

There wasn’t much in it until the 47-times capped Springbok scrumhalf, who joined Agen in June, showed little respect to the powerful winger on the floor, who then lashed out in a scene you definitely would not expect to see on a rugby field.

Both of them rolled around on the floor comically, as the kickee suddenly had injured ribs, while Januarie made the most of the shot in the family jewels.

While the kick was clearly out of order, the referee handled the bizarre situation well, albeit in an amusing way. He asked Radradra if he understood French, to which he replied no, so he continued in French anyway.

A little handshake followed and everyone made up, allowing the contest to continue and Agen to sneak a famous upset win with a late long distance penalty by 20-year-old Hugo Verdu.

8 Comments

• colombes
    9:45 AM 09/11/2017

Agen sponsor is Bigard, chopped steak specialists Coincidence? i don't believe so.

• drg
    1:40 AM 09/11/2017

Ok, I'll admit that the last time I can recall, I was actually kicked on the bell by a team mate I lifted in a lineout... He came down like a ton of bricks due to the fact that I dropped like a ton of bricks! So perhaps my view of the situation is somewhat tainted... I'm still not convinced on the 6 seconds, but I can totally agree with the immediate pain for a kick to the twig!

• finedisregard
    12:10 AM 09/11/2017

Kicked in the twig=immediate pain Kicked in the berries=time-released pain

• im1
    11:40 PM 08/11/2017

Have to agree with fine disregard on the timeframe. In my experience, in that 6 seconds there is a tiny bit of hope that its not going to hurt and you've got away with it, but then it starts to kick in.... How can you not get a red card for kicking someone in the balls though?

• drg
    10:41 PM 08/11/2017

https://youtu.be/W0l4tepnLAY You were saying? "It takes 6 seconds..." I can testify that; excuse me here, that is absolute bollocks... Having been on the receiving end of a few of a few kicks/knocks etc, I can say that without a doubt, 6 seconds was not the time frame I was looking at...

• drg
    10:37 PM 08/11/2017

LOL!

• finedisregard
    7:54 PM 08/11/2017

Horrifying. I'm only 40 but in my playing career this would be unthinkable (even among backline players). Whomever taught these guys how to play sports should be ashamed of themselves. I don't mind a little off-the-ball but BOTH these guys are playacting. It takes six seconds for the pain to hit you after you get kicked in the pills.

• nhunter
    4:45 PM 08/11/2017

Pretty much everything is horrible here - the block, the cheap shot in the back, the kick to the balls, both rolling round on the back trying to earn Oscars. Is this really what is happening to rugby?

Great Tries

Big Hits & Dirty Play

See It To Believe It

Funnies

Amateur

Player Features

Ricky Januarie floored by below the belt kick from Semi Radradra | RugbyDump - Rugby News & Videos