Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Rugbypass Match Centre
Scores
Sorry there are no live games.
See what's coming up.
23 Aug
5:25am
RugbyDump RugbyDump
Monday Oct 29, 2012

Juan De Jongh scores great try vs Sharks, celebrates with Gangnam Style

Juan De Jongh scores great try vs Sharks, celebrates with Gangnam Style
Comments

Above is a quick look at Juan De Jongh’s great try in the Currie Cup final against the Sharks on Saturday. Western Province won 25-18, ending the 11-year drought since they last won in 2001.

Unfortunately just as De Jongh was getting into his routine, the cameras switched to a woman in the crowd wearing a blue wig, but you’ll get the gist of it.

Full highlights to follow. Check out the related posts for more De Jongh brilliance.

13 Comments

• gonzoman
    10:34 PM 31/10/2012

I always think of the advice one of my coaches gave me years ago: "act like you've been there before, and like you'll be there again". I find these dance routines a little bit much, but I guess I'm a little conservative that way. I can understand if it was the winning try at the close of the match, but let's face it: De Jongh had a fair bit more rugby to play. If it's like RSAImpi says, and they're blowing off steam then so be it. I personally think there are less "NFL" ways to celebrate.

• stroudos
    1:12 PM 30/10/2012

Sounds like your (and your fellow forwards') glass is half full to me mate. Did you win the game/tourny? If you won, you need to bloody cheer up!! Mind you, I'm the same and I'm a back! Tackled like Dusautoir on Saturday, (well in terms of work-rate and tackles completed anyway!), but the main memory I can think about is the one I missed where a bastard threw an outrageous dummy and I completely bought it.

• rsaimpi
    8:10 AM 30/10/2012

I have often seen players that have scored an amazing try be all hyped and have too much adrenalin when the game continues again. So if this dancing after scoring brings them back to focused mode, then go ahead. Even those players that walk away from a try like nothing happened feel it on the inside, they just dont show it, but the adrenalin is there and makes them fidgety. Love this try

• 1:36 AM 30/10/2012

My gf is not a real fan of rugby, but she laughed watching this video. It's not my thing, but it can only attract more people to the game. Oh moddeur i feel for you, I really do. RD PLEASE TEE THIS UP TO THE SONG.

• moddeur
    6:50 PM 29/10/2012

I am still fundamentally opposed to overblown try celebrations (dances for instance). This weekend I played in a tournament, and on the way back from the field and to the dressing rooms, we forwards were walking along ahead, talking about the things we screwed up ("I missed one tackle, what about you?") while 10 meters behind us the backs were all excitedly talking about their tries. Just saying ...

• welshosprey
    6:32 PM 29/10/2012

Embarrassing

• stroudos
    6:16 PM 29/10/2012

@FoXtroT - just as long as the try-scorer always appreciates the fact it's a team game and there's almost no such thing as a solo try.

• stroudos
    6:12 PM 29/10/2012

* Turtle ;)

• katman
    5:11 PM 29/10/2012

Great try. If you're going to step and hand-off like that, you can do a Michael Flatley routine for all I care.

• guy
    3:51 PM 29/10/2012

The Paulse celebration was quite spectacular indeed. My second favourite is the Digby Ioane 'caterpillar' and the best one by far (in my opinion off course) was the Rene Ranger copy of the Digby Ioane caterpillar. I almost wet my pants laughing on that one.

• foxtrot
    3:29 PM 29/10/2012

I don't see why some people tend to get all agro over try celebrations. On the most part they are just a bit of fun (although it must be said I wasn't a very happy chappy when this one happened), some celebrations can be a bit provocative but on the most part its a good way for a player to express his delight over a great try. We are seeing it more often these days but its harmless really. I still think Breyton Paulse had the best celebrations though.

• guy
    3:03 PM 29/10/2012

Actually, I am more and more getting used to this kind of stuff. It does relate to the younger viewers and as long as the don't pull their shirt over their heads and run away from the players that did most of the work leading up to the try, I quite enjoy it. Please don't look at any comments I made a year or longer ago because I have a sneaky suspision that my opinion has changed 180 degrees.

• stroudos
    1:56 PM 29/10/2012

Heeeeey sexy lady! Not usually a fan of try celebrations, but I'll make an exception for a bit of Gangnam style...

Great Tries

Big Hits & Dirty Play

See It To Believe It

Funnies

Amateur

Player Features

Juan De Jongh scores great try vs Sharks, celebrates with Gangnam Style | RugbyDump - Rugby News & Videos