Newcastle Attack Coach Dave Walder shares his kicking checklist for end over end punting.
We’re looking to have our players consistently get 7 or 8 out of 10 of these criteria:
1) Dropping the ball straight
2) Exposing the “sweet spot” on the drop
3) Kick with the top of your foot
4) Have the right angle of foot
5) Snap your lower leg through the ball
6) Core strong
7) Shoulders square
8) Head over the ball
9) Eyes on contact point
10) Weight through the ball (not leaning back)
If you want more free drills from expert coaches, Rugbydump sends drills and analysis twice a week to our coaches. If you would like to join our community just click the button below!