Do Not Sell My Personal Information
RugbyDump RugbyDump
Sunday Aug 28, 2016

All Blacks beat the Wallabies in Wellington to retain Bledisloe Cup

All Blacks beat the Wallabies in Wellington to retain Bledisloe Cup
Comments

New Zealand secured the Bledisloe Cup with a second bonus point win in succession against Australia, winning 29-9 in Wellington. A first half Israel Dagg brace and second half scores by Julian Savea and Sam Cane contributed to the Bledisloe Cup victory for the 14th year in a row.

The tournament goes to Twickenham Stadium for the first time on October 8, with Argentina v Australia.

Tickets to Argentina v Australia at Twickenham Stadium are available from £45 for adults, £25 for children (U16) and a family package (2 adults & 2 children) for £115. (Booking fees apply)
Click here for details and a 25% discount with the code RUGBYDUMP

7 Comments

• whiteafrican
    3:21 PM 02/09/2016

LOL - "cowardly assault"? Why don't we hear from Kane Douglas himself: "My eyes were fine and it all happened so quickly I was on to the next thing in the game." [Then, in response to a direct question about eye gouging:] "I didn't think of it like that. It was an All Black trying to stop me driving through the maul, arms everywhere and everything happening in a few seconds. I've got no issue at all". So, in summary: Ref - Saw it. Said it was nothing. SANZAR match reviewer - Saw it. Said it was nothing. Alleged victim - Felt it. Said it was nothing. BUT players do get cited for this sort of thing, it's totally inconsistent, and the rules around citing and post-match bans are an absolute dog's breakfast and need to be sorted promptly.

• jimmy23
    12:19 PM 02/09/2016

Yeah that's fair enough, cheers RD!

• rugbydump
    4:39 PM 01/09/2016

jimmy23, possible certainly. we generally work on highest priorities and that isnt one but I'll make a note and hopefully we can add it as a feature soon. Thanks for the feedback

• jimmy23
    9:13 AM 30/08/2016

Correction. They don't face Italy twice, only Ireland. @Rugbydump, would it be possible to add an 'edit' feature to the comments?

• joeythelemur
    10:55 PM 29/08/2016

Ben Smith is just in the middle of everything, isn't he? Just one of those players that is amazing to watch.

• upthejumper
    10:30 PM 28/08/2016

No mention of Own Franks' cowardly assault on Aussie lock Kane Douglas? He grabbed his face, twice, then when the ref warned him off he tried to throttle him! http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/83652933/owen-franks-cleared-of-eyegouge-but-this-video-doesnt-look-good

• jimmy23
    2:08 PM 28/08/2016

I'm sensing another unbeaten year for this All Blacks side. - Australia won't beat them in the third test. Maybe I'm in denial but I can't recall them being this bad against England and wonder if being whitewashed in June has had a big impact on them than we expected? I don't understand how they went from World Cup finalists to this in less than a year. - South Africa are out of sorts at the moment. Perhaps they'll step it for NZ but they aren't anything close to the powerhouse they should be. Think the rest of their Super Rugby teams need to take a leaf out of the Lions's book. - Argentina, whilst improving (and playing some beautiful rugby it has to be said) narrowly lost to and beat South Africa. They face France, Ireland (twice) and Italy twice in November. I really can't see any of them beating NZ, Ireland are the only ones I feel might even give them a close game.

Great Tries

Big Hits & Dirty Play

See It To Believe It

Funnies

Amateur

Player Features

All Blacks beat the Wallabies in Wellington to retain Bledisloe Cup | RugbyDump - Rugby News & Videos