Do Not Sell My Personal Information
RugbyDump RugbyDump
Saturday Jun 25, 2016

England pushed all the way in thrilling Wallabies Test but take series 3-0

England pushed all the way in thrilling Wallabies Test but take series 3-0
Comments

Highlights of England’s 44-40 win over the Wallabies in Sydney, in the third and most competitive of the three-match series, that the visitors won 3-0. Owen Farrell kicked 24 points as England scored five tries to four in a thoroughly entertaining match. More to follow soon

12 Comments

• hoot
    8:00 PM 27/06/2016

The Aussies are such sore losers - I wanted to mock the mocking video http://www.rugbydump.com/2016/06/5123/fox-sports-australia-pull-no-punches-in-new-promo-mocking-england-ahead-of-series with my wife on Saturday evening but it seems to have vanished from t'internet.

• dancarter
    5:40 PM 27/06/2016

You can say that again.

• drg
    2:51 PM 27/06/2016

You've summed up your comment in a manner that says "I'll wait and see" but your comment itself is a little negative towards the England performance... You state the AB's have tried and tested their quality against the likes of the boks + Wallabies etc... but the England indeed did beat the Wallabies... the wallabies were also those who came 2nd in the rwc 2015... the one England got knocked out in, in the pool stages... So England having gone through the grandslam could indeed be criticised as is quite common due to peoples perception on the gap between NH and SH rugby, but they've then taken that form into the SH team and beaten the world cup runners up... Of course world supremacy won't be declared until - a) they beat the AB's probably more than once and B) until they win the rwc... However, judgement on a teams quality and their standing in the world stage has to be made from year to year, otherwise we'd all pop and it'd be pointless to play any games in the world cup interim...

• 45678
    1:46 PM 27/06/2016

it was a great game of rugby on Saturday. I was surprised that England won in the end as Australia seemed to have so much intensity at the breakdown and an improved scrum. It was an old school shoulder clearing out of rucks day, which I haven't seen for a while. skelton could have been cited for a handful of offences, but he really added physicality to the aussies I think England still have some tweaking to do. Hartley isn't the long term option and George should be soon starting at 2. robshaw has been getting a lot of plaudits, but the fact he has been taken off at 60 minutes in the last 2 games is pointing to itoje at 6. I would also like to see goode and or daly have a run at 15. brown has been solid, but he's so predictable. he needs to mix his game up as defences know he will run everything. take a leaf from scott spedding. if jonny may has learnt to catch and defend, he offers something extra in attack. I'd also like to see ben morgan brought back into the fold. he adds another ball carrying dimension as billy v is over burdened somewhat

• jeri
    4:43 AM 27/06/2016

England has beaten the All Blacks before (last time in 2012 by a record margin as well), didn't translate to any actual achievements in the RWC2015 Let's take a couple of steps further, even if England hypothetically had beaten the All Blacks instead for 3 consecutive matches, and displaced NZ as the no.1 ranked team in the world, it won't disintegrate All Blacks' supremacy in the rugby community. The ABs have tried and tested their quality through years of brutal baptism by the Springboks, the Wallabies, and recently the Pumas. England's achievements this year do mean something - it means they have turned a new leaf in their history thanks to the money they can throw to acquire Eddie Jones from the Sharks. It means they're off to a impressive start with their new resume. But this climate is nothing they haven't came across before. For now, the rugby fans will keep watching

• jimmy23
    1:21 AM 27/06/2016

I'm not sure I entirely agree with that. As far as I know, none of the main NH teams have ever whitewashed any of the Big 3 down south like this before. I think it's a bit much to say that this achievement is meaningless, although I do agree that if England ultimately want to be the best then they have to beat NZ. If we continue on this trajectory, I don't see why that's not a feasible goal.

• 10:07 PM 26/06/2016

Btw Folau is the most dangerous at 15. Allows him so much freedom. He should never play 13

• 9:56 PM 26/06/2016

Means little if u don't be the ABs

• 9:56 PM 26/06/2016

Means little if u don't be the ABs

• drg
    8:30 PM 26/06/2016

Sorry, I missed the Eng v SA match...

• drg
    8:29 PM 26/06/2016

Looking at the Autumn internationals and the teams England have to face, I'd say that they might be able to make it an undefeated year, although with all respects (and obviously big credit to their performances so far) I think that they've got a fairly gentle Autumn bar the match against Australia at the end... If I've read correctly, they're facing Fiji and Argentina, two big teams in their own right, but England should be the favourites to beat them both. Australia will be the ones to beat (I believe), they will be hurting from this series and I'd imagine they'll get a heck of a lot of criticism at home for this performance, especially given the *ahem* prelude to the series about how poor England have been... which lets face it, if currently true, then it sort of suggests the Wallabies are utterly abysmal... So they will be fired up I'd imagine. Well done to England, commiserations to Australia. It's very interesting to see what Eddie Jones has done to the team, especially considering the players are more or less the same ones that Lancaster had, Jones has just taken them that bit further. Very much wonder how England will fair against the likes of NZ..

• jimmy23
    11:38 AM 26/06/2016

We did it, we actually bloody did it. I remember being on here about a month ago discussing predictions with everyone and the general consensus was; "I think England can get the first one because the Wallabies will be rusty" and scoffed at the idea of a 3-0 whitewash. Our defence wasn't anywhere near as heroic as the 2nd test although I think the Australian's attack improved, definitely benefited from having Toomua at 12. They'll be back with a vengeance next time we face them that's for sure. I guess the question now is whether we can take this form into the Autumn tests after the players have had a massive break. If we can, is it too ambitious to think along the lines of an undefeated year?

Great Tries

Big Hits & Dirty Play

See It To Believe It

Funnies

Amateur

Player Features

England pushed all the way in thrilling Wallabies Test but take series 3-0 | RugbyDump - Rugby News & Videos