Do Not Sell My Personal Information
RugbyDump RugbyDump
Saturday Nov 15, 2014

Test Rugby Results - November 15th weekend

Test Rugby Results - November 15th weekend
Comments

We’ve had another great day of Test rugby, with more still to come tomorrow. South Africa held on to beat England at Twickenham, while Wales beat a determined Fiji side in Cardiff. Scotland gave New Zealand a real scare at Murrayfield, while Tonga won convincingly against the USA.

Weekend Test match results:

Canada 13 – 23 Samoa

Italy 18 – 20 Argentina

England 28 – 31 South Africa

Wales 17 – 13 Fiji

Romania 13 – 18 Japan

Tonga 40 – 12 United States of America

Scotland 16 – 24 New Zealand

France 29 – 26 Australia

Ireland 49 – 7 Georgia

Highlights, clips and match reports from the big matches will follow over the next few days. Let us know your thoughts on the results, talking points etc in the comments below.

25 Comments

• mise
    10:36 PM 18/11/2014

some pair...

• drg
    1:09 PM 18/11/2014

... no an apple fell from my hand and landed on the keyboard not only moving the apostrophe but also pressing enter before I had a chance to correct the damage it did... I'm sure there was more than one.. ..a 'pear' is to blame for the capital B.

• danknapp
    6:31 AM 18/11/2014

And as Apple is a proper noun, it should be capitalised. #EnoughNow #NowIKnowWhySheLeft

• danknapp
    6:30 AM 18/11/2014

*cough* No capital on B for blaming, not after an ellipsis. #JustSaying #ThisIsWhyIHaveNoFriends

• drg
    6:38 PM 17/11/2014

...Blaming apple for that one...

• drg
    6:37 PM 17/11/2014

Come on Dan you bassoon, can't you tell he plays the buffoon?

• danknapp
    12:43 PM 17/11/2014

Sorry DrG, but if we're being pedants (which I applaud) then you should correct "it's" to "its". It's is not possessive. GRAMMAR BANTER!

• danknapp
    12:43 PM 17/11/2014

What does his piano playing have to do with anything?

• themull
    9:53 AM 17/11/2014

The problem I see with Cooper is that he's almost like an Aussie version of Michalak..Can be awesome sometimes with that natural bility and flare, but to be honest I think the fly half position at this level demands more stability..The world cup game against ireland in 2011 always comes back as a good example..he often tries to do too much with the ball and puts his team in bad positions..That kind of attitude is ok for outside backs maybe who might be able to afford that bit of flair, but at outhalf you have to be on constant control at international level..Make your kicks, make your tackles and keep the field position in your favour. In saying that I havent seen him play this year at all so maybe he has improved in that regard..

• thefrenchrugbyfan
    12:05 AM 17/11/2014

I agree, everybody could see that the Wallabies seriously deserved a yellow several times, if not simply for repeated infringements. Conversely, without France's yellow card, Australia wouldn't have come nearly as close towards the end of the game. Poor decisions by Owens.

• hellraiser_rob
    10:16 PM 16/11/2014

i blame dylan hartley

• hellraiser_rob
    10:15 PM 16/11/2014

...And a partridge in a pear tree

• drg
    9:53 PM 16/11/2014

....Has the spelling universe got it's hat on backwards or something?

• drg
    9:51 PM 16/11/2014

I'll try and remember yours, hopefully you'll have passed grade 2 by then.

• drg
    9:50 PM 16/11/2014

He hasn't been thrown off as many planes and punched as much as Gavin Henson and Henson got multiple opportunities....

• vladimir
    9:25 PM 16/11/2014

Australia: 1 high tacle, 1 shoulder charge, 1 tip tacle the whistle blown, 1 player getting under the jumper in the line out: repeted warnings from Owens. France: one unclear ruck on the 5m: straigh yellow...

• stroudos
    8:59 PM 16/11/2014

If I were in charge of Australia I'd definitely have Cooper at 10. I believe he's rubbed coaches and team-mates up the wrong way in the past, but he can't be that much of a tosser! Easily their most creative and dynamic playmaker.

• mise
    8:39 PM 16/11/2014

bokshark I'm making my suggestion based on actual results of actual matches. Them be different to the last time or the time before for de Autumn internationals, from memory, when it seemed like all the top 3 SH teams won everything...and in gen, this time so far, many of the matches were closer than expected (eg Scotland and NZ) and an interesting number were close in general (eg Italy, Wales Romania) maybe things are, broadly speaking, leveling out a bit. SH are still to the fore thou I would say. The mull cover the other fairly obvious point well....rugby is a game played in all conditions, and it may be v wet next October in eh Wales and England!

• hellraiser_rob
    7:37 PM 16/11/2014

A lot of the games in the last 2 weeks have seemed pretty close to me, ironically england played their best stuff when it stopped drumming down at HQ. Is there any need for the "remember your comments" crap.

• themull
    7:11 PM 16/11/2014

Lucky for you then that the World Cup is going to be played in a lovely hot, dry and peaceful climate ey? oh wait...... The best teams play good whatever the weather..The AB's are continually awesome in wet or dry or windy conditions...South Africa in particular should be well able to play the conditions up north better than most..They have an awesome pack, a great full back and very good half backs...pretty much the blue print for playing in difficult weather conditions..

• thefrenchrugbyfan
    4:03 PM 16/11/2014

What a game from France!! Probably some of the most suffocating last few minutes I have faced! Well we finally seem to have a defensive line. And thomas could really be that player for us we were looking for, as is now Lopez in 10. Seeing how poor Wales are currently playing, we should definitely aim to beat them in the Stade de France in February. I don't know if everybody quite realises how much was at stake here for this heavily criticised french team. It was our last chance to play a major SH team, and our new team needed a massive confidence boost. Fair play to Australia though. Can someone tell me why Cooper wasn't starting? A soon as he came on, australia were quite a different team. He practically did all the work on Australia's second try. Foley got smoked by Thomas.

• alasdairduncan3
    10:10 AM 16/11/2014

The Wales Fiji match was one of the worst matches I've ever seen. Poor tactical decisions from both sides nullifying their key skills and strengths. The officiating made me feel depressed, so many times the game was killed by an indecisive ref and a terrible 4th official. I don't necessarily disagree with their decision making (apart from a clear welsh try), but the way they conducted themselves made me genuinely depressed.

• hellraiser_rob
    9:46 AM 16/11/2014

I think the Welsh are really talented, but seem to go off script against unorthodox teams (see South Sea Islanders), and try to match an unstructured opponent. As for England, sigh, thought again our half backs were poor (kicking, distribution, everything...) and we got our pants pulled down at every breakdown

• drg
    8:55 AM 16/11/2014

Really enjoyed the Scotland match. Briefly saw some of the Wales Fiji match, I think Gatland has to be concerned. I find Wales have the ability (somewhere) to play some good competitive rugby, but somehow they can't seem to continually do it.. No disrespect to Fiji, but I viewed this game (before the game) as a Wales win, I thought they'd win by more points than they did. So actually well done to Fiji and to run one in when they were a man down! Sky games I didn't see. So onto the Scotland NZ game - Wow.. I enjoyed that! Let's of course go through the facts, we all know NZ fielded a 'b' team or partially 'b' team, but they would have done so knowing it was going to win. NZ wouldn't field any old team without looking to keep up their current rankings/standards etc. So Scotland could only play who was in front of them and I thought they played very very well! I really thought they looked like they have a promising 10 who seems to be really getting involved physically! All in all, Scotland did very well. I thought the scrum decisions were pretty abysmal on some occasions, but then Poite isn't renowned for his scrum policing. I just enjoyed seeing that 'Scotland belief' from last week carry across to this week too! I thought Scotland seemed to play like they deserved the win, they deserved to play with the AB's, whereas in the past, they've played a little like they've been forced to get run at and they know they'll be beaten! Great weekend for the majority of teams, some close results!

• mise
    11:53 PM 15/11/2014

Interesting how tight a lot of these matches are eh? Only the Tonga and to an extent Canada matches weren't... also with Irl (last week) and Fra a little more balance between NH and SH... all augers well for the world cup I reckon....

Great Tries